Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

101 - 120 of 134 Posts

·
shorttrack
1,674 Posts
With the GSL-SE 13B Mazda RX7 clutch cylinder it is a good piece but I want more clutch fluid and adjustability of volume .I will be installing either a Wilwood or Tilton Clutch cylinder .

·
shorttrack
1,674 Posts
SFR no longer sells adjustable clutch rod .(Soon to be a DIY on Adj Clutch Rod)You can make you own or source 1 from a member within this thread that will work on any after market and OEM clutch cylinder .

·
Registered
170 Posts
btw i found through some searching the a plastic clutch master is not as rare as i had originally thought. the evo gsr has one from the factory, and there is more than 1 aftermarket option to fix it.

maybe one of the sponsors can develop a bolt in fix for this. the evo gsr required a cnc'd adapter plate to fit a standard clutch master in there.

·
shorttrack
1,674 Posts
btw i found through some searching the a plastic clutch master is not as rare as i had originally thought. the evo gsr has one from the factory, and there is more than 1 aftermarket option to fix it.

maybe one of the sponsors can develop a bolt in fix for this. the evo gsr required a cnc'd adapter plate to fit a standard clutch master in there.
Redline perf had a interest in it but I don't know if they will make one for the GC platform .

·
shorttrack
1,674 Posts
Just ordered a Wilwood GS compact remote master clutch cylinder from Jeggs P/N# 260-15090 , .700 inch bore ,which is larger than our the Gen Coupe's .625 bore. Stroke of 1.250 inch (stroke is same as Gen Coupe's). Oriellys auto parts have the brake line fittings and barbed fitting for remote reservoir .Should have it here anytime after 12-15-16 .

·
shorttrack
1,674 Posts
Installed the Wilwood clutch cylinder with the .700 inch bore and it made the clutch pedal too heavy/stiff .Will be ordering the .625 inch bore .Also it dos appear that my OEM clutch is in need of a replacement as well .I'll be ordering a performance clutch & light weight single mass flywheel.

Reactions: the_Engineer

·
shorttrack
1,674 Posts
Orme performance 1-818-631-1491 has the adapter 3/8-24 to 10mmx1.0 inverted flare for the Wilwood clutch cylinder outlet and MSC 1-800-645-7270 has the adapter from the Wilwood cylinder to the OEM reservoir pn#685Hb-6-4 /Brand-Parker .You will have to remove the Hyundai OEM hard line fitting and install the 10 mm x1.0 flare fitting.Order the wilwood clutch cylinder with the .625 - 5/8 bore .GS compact pn # 260-15089 ,these are the new and rebuildable clutch cylinders wilwood offer.The adjustable clutch rod like the one pictured by The _ Engineer would have to be fabricated .Center the wilwood clutch cylinder up in the firewall's oem clutch cylinder location ,mark the flange hole and drill from the engine bay side and mount (yes I drill through the plastic clutch pedal bracket ,then sized the proper bolts,washers and nuts).I elongated the flange holes in the wilwood cylinder a little to get the bolt through flange,(if you study the diagram of the wilwood cylinder you would see not much room for installing the bolts from the cylinder side through the flange because the outlet cylinder casting is very close to the flange ) because it was easier for me to install the bolts and the cylinder as 1 through the firewall and put the nuts/washers on from under the dash .

·
shorttrack
1,674 Posts
Follow up : Clutch was toasted .Good idea to invest in a Single mass flywheel and stage 3+ or stage 4 clutch if spraying N2O .

·
InitialDIYmods on YouTube
285 Posts
Follow up : Clutch was toasted .Good idea to invest in a Single mass flywheel and stage 3+ or stage 4 clutch if spraying N2O .
Hey shorttrack, if you are going SPEC don't bother with stage 4. Stage 3+ holds more torque and is a full faced disk rather than a puck.
Stage 2 and 2+ are nice and very DD friendly. Not sure if you remember my car gets a little shaky in first. It's much better now that I took out the One Piece Driveshaft.
I'm actually looking to sell it soon if you or someone you know is interested

·
shorttrack
1,674 Posts
Hey shorttrack, if you are going SPEC don't bother with stage 4. Stage 3+ holds more torque and is a full faced disk rather than a puck.
Stage 2 and 2+ are nice and very DD friendly. Not sure if you remember my car gets a little shaky in first. It's much better now that I took out the One Piece Driveshaft.
I'm actually looking to sell it soon if you or someone you know is interested
No ,I am going spec 3+ / sprung disc .The Spec 4 is un-sprung (tranny damage would result).The stage 4 I wrote about in post # 108 would be in a clutch master FX400 with clutch masters high dollar flywheel that only accepts their pressure plate .

·
shorttrack
1,674 Posts
Check with the member named ''the_Engineer'',I showed him how to make them .PM him .The 1 he makes work very well and looks well made .

·
285 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ordered one. I'd love a DIY before installing it! Probably won't get around to it for another month or two though.

·
285 Posts
Ordered one. I'd love a DIY before installing it! Probably won't get around to it for another month or two though.
Just filmed the DIY this past saturday with a special guest. I will but uploading a video on the AWD Mini Cooper ECU and then next week I'll release that DIY.
Btw, it took 30 minutes for us to install it, adjust it, and drive it. I'll make sure to post the video here too for those wanting to install one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just filmed the DIY this past saturday with a special guest. I will but uploading a video on the AWD Mini Cooper ECU and then next week I'll release that DIY.
Btw, it took 30 minutes for us to install it, adjust it, and drive it. I'll make sure to post the video here too for those wanting to install one.
Awesome. Looking forward to it.

·
285 Posts
For those that want to install this, this is the way to do it. Hope you also find it entertaining as well lol
https://youtu.be/8da2tn4Miks

Reactions: spiralspektrum
101 - 120 of 134 Posts