Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there. There is also another source available for those clutch rods, Hyundai ix35/Kia sorento Master Clutch Cylinder, part number 416052S000, 35.5$ on koraps.
This clutch cylinder has adjustable rod which can be used.

Here original versus ix35: h t t p : // imgur.com/a/vbXw6

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I still have mine sitting in my glove box from probably two years ago when Luigi ordered two of them lol. Eventually Ill install it. maybe

·
InitialDIYmods on YouTube
285 Posts

·
shorttrack
1,673 Posts
Reactions: the_Engineer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh without a doubt, the exterior paint quality on this car is very bad. I have way more little rock chips and etc than I should have on a 2012 car

I just put my Brembos in less than 2 weeks ago, so I can't speak for the quality of the powdercoating on those yet

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,953 Posts
I don't think you can get this anymore from SFR. You can get the adjustable rod out of a Hyundai clutch master cylinder that is adjustable though. Tuscon or Kia Sportage 2009-2013. 41605-2S000 A used one if you can find it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't think you can get this anymore from SFR. You can get the adjustable rod out of a Hyundai clutch master cylinder that is adjustable though. Tuscon or Kia Sportage 2009-2013. 41605-2S000 A used one if you can find it.
I believe I found one manufacture that has an adjustable rod for the Tuscan at Carid. I should hear back from them tomorrow one way or another.
Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Couldn't you just use a Heim joint with a female threaded shaft and modify a hardened dolt to fit it then grind the head to match the cylinder end? Does anyone have the original rod dimensions or a link to them??

·
Registered
1 Posts
The rod shown is not available anymore so either make your own or there is a guy selling a rod that's not so great for $100. Simpler to make one. The swap is fairly simple and should take about 20 min.
I have been perfecting two designs as shown and the third one is available with the cylinder from other countries but still will only adjust longer.. These designs are simple to make and cost under $30. If anyone is interested I have all the dimensions.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had this issue on my coupe and made an adjustable rod out of aluminum and stainless steel. I just did a small run of adjustable clutch rods for the Genesis Coupe. They are great for removing that slop in your pedal. They're $55 each plus 7 for shipping. Installation instructions are included and it's way easier than some of the forum posts make it out to be. No bleeding required from your hands or the clutch system XD
PM me if you're interested.

121 - 134 of 134 Posts