Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here. I have 2016 Genesis coupe 3.8 Auto. I recently got it custom tuned. SFR Custom tune with Stillen Exhaust and R2C intake. It put down 282whp on the mustang Dyno (19whp gain over baseline)
I've been testing it since. The car has a better throttle response, and more aggressive gearing. I've tested 0-100mph multiple times and I get exactly the same time as I did with stock tune 12.3 seconds. The conditions are good. great road and 72F. I don't think this is normal. The car feels faster because of the throttle response but I thought I'd get better times. If you have any idea what might be the issue, let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Well theres always the butt dyno effect, but there are also a lot of factors that could affect your 0-100 times such as oil temp after repetitive runs, wind that day, and maybe your powerband could've been changed after the mods/tune to allow more low end and mid range power as opposed to top end power which would give a "better" throttle response since your getting to your powerband sooner in most cases.

·
3point8 Performance
2,628 Posts
ditch the R2C intake and go back to stock airbox, add heat shielding to it. Add heat shielding to the underside of the upper manifold. Follow my 3.8 upgrade path and do all the free things (should have been done before tune). As far as your times, it could just be driver mod that's needed. Not meant to be an insult, but how you start will determine how well you do. Your A/T isn't going to help the numbers (but can help your start!). The little but of power you gained over stock won't be enough to show you anything.

Ask @shorttrack what kind of changes in ET and traps 20whp will get you on a 3400lbs car.

BTR trans tune would help your times. practice, lighter tires (and wheels if you're going that route), an engine leash and a sprint booster, diff mount and trans mount (if available for a/t) would also improve your times, but just slightly.

What I'd really recommend if those numbers are important to you is a higher stall converter and a trans build from level 10

Reactions: shorttrack
1 - 3 of 3 Posts