Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<SFR> NEW Release!! Stage 1.5 SFR Reflash for Genesis Coupe 3.8 V6 (2010-2012 models)

Sure we've been busy developing new tunes on newer platforms but we didn't forget about you V6 3.8 guys!

SFR is very proud to offer Stage 1.5 tune for 2010-2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 V6.

Upgrades on Stage 1.5

- More aggressive/responsive throttle response
- More horsepower/torque output
- upping more limit of torque management system

Requirements for the Stage 1.5
- Intake
- downpipe+test pipe (w/stock headers) or stock dp+stock 2ndary cats + header
- Cat back exhaust (True dual type of exhaust or single outlet exhaust are recommended)
- 91+ octane fuel

Pricing
- Returning customers from Stage 1 basic canned tune $200
- Brand new customer $550

Results

Stage 1 vs Stage 1.5

Stage 1 vs Stage 1.5 (Auto to Manual swap)

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us anytime :)
Thank you

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I am in ....sending in ECU on Monday. :D

·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts
Why so expensive? Is my question! I know from everyone around here is that u guys are the best for the 3.8 but it's so pricey scares most of us away

Sent iPhone

·
Premium Member
8,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why so expensive? Is my question! I know from everyone around here is that u guys are the best for the 3.8 but it's so pricey scares most of us away

Sent iPhone
Great question and please tell me the best way to make power on 3.8 NA engine. Intake exhaust combined do not even yield more than 10rhwp and less on the torque and price combined are over $1500-2000.
Now what's expensive? :D I've been telling people from the beginning the tune is the most bang for buck especially the ones that are maxed out with bolt-ons.
This stage 1.5 is for the ones are basically stuck with making more power, waiting for something that will not cost arms and legs.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
You sent a payment for $200.00 USD to SFR International Inc..

payment sent, thanks

Jay

·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts
Great question and please tell me the best way to make power on 3.8 NA engine. Intake exhaust combined do not even yield more than 10rhwp and less on the torque and price combined are over $1500-2000.
Now what's expensive? :D I've been telling people from the beginning the tune is the most bang for buck especially the ones that are maxed out with bolt-ons.
This stage 1.5 is for the ones are basically stuck with making more power, waiting for something that will not cost arms and legs.
Agreed to an extent ... but if I were to get the tune by itself without any of the said modes will I gain just as much?
I pretty much have everything for the 3.8 minus FI and want a tune more of a custom then a canned but like I said the 550 for basically a software update is scary

Sent iPhone

·
Premium Member
8,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,408 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Jay what are you doing different to get the better numbers? I have your custom tune and my numbers are not that good. Can you now improve your previous custom tunes? Are both of those graphs manual?

·
Genesis 1:1
1,150 Posts
Jay, I want to see this when get here on sept 15th! Mthe only thing I don't have is down pipes and headers! 290 here I come!

Will PNP the naked manifold help?

·
Registered
190 Posts
So basically, you NEED either aftermarket downpipe or headers? I have downpipe back(aka secondary cat delete), otherwise i would get this.

·
Premium Member
8,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jay- with custom tune, there is no need to stage 1.5?
We will automatically upgrade it to Stage 1.5. Basically Stage 1.5 is using all the datas we've been done through all the custom tunes + other features mentioned above.

Jay what are you doing different to get the better numbers? I have your custom tune and my numbers are not that good. Can you now improve your previous custom tunes? Are both of those graphs manual?
Both graphs are manual. What are your numbers? As stated every car is different as well as all the bolt ons and them combined. Honestly if it did not make much power difference with my custom tune it's more likely it's at the edge of maxing out.

Jay, I want to see this when get here on sept 15th! Mthe only thing I don't have is down pipes and headers! 290 here I come!

Will PNP the naked manifold help?
Do not waste your money on PNP or throttle/intake manifold spacers... IMO.

So basically, you NEED either aftermarket downpipe or headers? I have downpipe back(aka secondary cat delete), otherwise i would get this.
and the intake right? then sure your car is ready to do this.

·
1,150 Posts
Thanks Jay, I like the fact that you are continually improving for us V6 guys. I have removed the secondary cats, but running stock headers and stock downpipe.....I do have intake and dual exhaust, so I should be good....right?

I look forward to the results this sept!

MOAR POWAH!

·
1,150 Posts
Well guess what I am getting downpipes tonight! Ark here I come!

·
Registered
190 Posts
So if you have intake, secondary cat delete and a true dual catback, your good? Downpipes just make it that much better or are they needed?

·
1,150 Posts
Hmmmm is someone thinking of adding downpipes and getting another custom?!? Lol! Ordering my DP today!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm in as well but dont have the required items other than intake...Darnit Jay...giving up wheel purchase to (for the moment) satisfy requirements...I want 1.5!!!!

Hey Jay/or anyone that is willing to help....

Would you recommend the ideal setup. All I have is initial reflash and SRI.

If it where you...what would you install in order to purchase 1.5. I will continue to research this to get the best package together to purchase and install. This is for 2010 3.8 track

1 - 20 of 160 Posts