Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
What are the differences between stage 1 and 1.5? I know the boost but what boost levels are we talking? If about 280ish is expected for stage 1, what can be expected from 1.5 from a canned tune?

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
I have installed the pre-tuned ECU I purchased from you with the additions you recommended... 750cc DW injectors and a manual boost controller calibrated for 18 psi.

However now my AFR is extremely rich (7.9 under load)... and I'm getting CELs P0170 (fuel trim), P2188 (system too rich at idle), and P2192 (system to rich at higher load). Taking all this into account... it seems like the ECU shipped to me was not calibrated for the DW injectors.

I've sent Jay an email about it, but wanted to post the same message here to cover all my bases.
Just saw this.. I am sure we got back via email but for the reference for others YOU SHOULD NEVER run bigger injectors or pump on the canned tune that's never meant to be as well as the Manual boost controller.
Canned tune is made for stock injectors in a first place yet adding more fuel doesn't mean you will make more power. In order to make more power you will not only need more fuel but air (bigger turbo or boost).

·
Registered
310 Posts
I just had the stage 1 93+ octane flash done to my BK1 MT on 9/2, what a difference. The car doesn't need much throttle to get moving. Boost comes on much quicker. It pulls harder, smoother and more linear. Have to say Aaron and Jay were wonderful. I must have talked Aaron's ears off about the old Mopar turbos. Best $250 I ever spent. Gained about 2MPG's. It was about 3 hours each way from Eastern LI NY, but the tolls were worth every penny. Aaron's an Ex-New Yorker, really cool guy. Just want to give a shout out to Aaron and Jay and say Hi from Perry in Eastern LI NY. Car goes great in 3 hours of LIE traffic everyday.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
I just had the stage 1 93+ octane flash done to my BK1 MT on 9/2, what a difference. The car doesn't need much throttle to get moving. Boost comes on much quicker. It pulls harder, smoother and more linear. Have to say Aaron and Jay were wonderful. I must have talked Aaron's ears off about the old Mopar turbos. Best $250 I ever spent. Gained about 2MPG's. It was about 3 hours each way from Eastern LI NY, but the tolls were worth every penny. Aaron's an Ex-New Yorker, really cool guy. Just want to give a shout out to Aaron and Jay and say Hi from Perry in Eastern LI NY. Car goes great in 3 hours of LIE traffic everyday.
Glad to hear!! Thank you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Jay,

I see all these great thing on the tune from SFR. I never read a straight answer, not did I do much reading, but your tune work on the AT? I would love to plan a trip up that way to get tune. Or can it be done remotely?

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Jay,

I see all these great thing on the tune from SFR. I never read a straight answer, not did I do much reading, but your tune work on the AT? I would love to plan a trip up that way to get tune. Or can it be done remotely?
Works for AT and can be only done in person or mail in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Even if i use the CAT delete option. Will i still be able to pass my OBDII inspection? They do not use a sniffer. The car just has to show ready.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
If we bypass P0420 cat efficiency code (which will not throw CEL from having no cats), Cat monitoring will say NOT READY which is automatic fail for most of States.
IMO you shouldn't be messing with primary cat(s) if you have annual inspections or emissions in a first place.
At the end of the day it's the fault of tunes or tuners who can not bypass the code or not having it to have the monitoring in "Ready" condition.

·
Registered
170 Posts
If we bypass P0420 cat efficiency code (which will not throw CEL from having no cats), Cat monitoring will say NOT READY which is automatic fail for most of States.
IMO you shouldn't be messing with primary cat(s) if you have annual inspections or emissions in a first place.
At the end of the day it's the fault of tunes or tuners who can not bypass the code or not having it to have the monitoring in "Ready" condition.

if you bypass the code, with the ecu tune, and then the cat is reinstalled, can you get it to ready status?

also I dont want to come off bad, but every other car I've tuned (which would probably be around 100+ now) has the ability to disable the secondary 02 and force it to ready state. this is almost expected by most as the "default" state when purchasing the disable secondary 02.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How long for shipment?

Hey guys,

Haven't received an answer through your website yet but was wondering how long the process usually takes?
Don't want to be a pain but I've been checking for about 3 weeks and haven't seen any updates yet. Any info is appreciated :D
Date Ordered:: 12/20/2016
Order Number:: AB-8024

·
Registered
8 Posts

if you bypass the code, with the ecu tune, and then the cat is reinstalled, can you get it to ready status?

also I dont want to come off bad, but every other car I've tuned (which would probably be around 100+ now) has the ability to disable the secondary 02 and force it to ready state. this is almost expected by most as the "default" state when purchasing the disable secondary 02.
This is exactly what i was thinking. Every other chassis i know of has this ability. In turn not being a huge inconvenience at inspection time. No one wants to drive around with a check engine light on all the time.

141 - 151 of 151 Posts