Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Aight guys.
After 7days and about 3000miles driving starting from West Chester, PA throughout East/Mid West/North East area, we were exhausted, tired, and left with loads of work to catch up missing a week.
I finally had chance to edit pictures from the reflash tour and I'd like to report this to Gencoupe.com fellow members.

I know from the beginning a lot of people had doubts that if we can actually make this tight schedule happened.
We are Krazy Koreans :D. Made it happen even though we had to stuck in a rental van for at least 8-9 hours everyday.
I would like to thank everyone who supported us and had faith in us to come out for the events.
We sure were super tired getting not much of sleep, but we were hyped up to meet up with Genesis coupe owners in person.
Especially after looking at each owner's big smiles after the reflash could not make us any happier.

July 31 @ SFR USA

5 cars showed up.
I don't have all the pictures of the cars but it was a very successful day to start the reflash tour.

We had to end the day fine tuning all the datas have also testing out the new injectors, double checking our tuning equipments..
Very late night (4am) testing was going on and we had to call a night for the next day reflash (all custom tunes) @ 10am Lansdale, PA location

August 1 @ PSIProfermance

Next day @ PSIProfermance Lansdale, PA, we stated up with 3.8 V6 custom tune.
His car already had a reflash from us before and we've squeezed little more juice out from his car in an hour (less than 5-6 runs)

Also had 2 of 2.0T Rspecs custom tuned
http://www.gencoupe.com/media/42120-sfr-short-clip-2-0t-reflash-during-tour.html

Also had a 2.0T with GSC cams installed came in for the tune.
He was running CMD and cams without any tunes, and his car was making 19rhwp on the dyno and wouldn't want to go more than 3000rpm.
With our diagnostic, car was fixed within 2 hours with a tune.
We were the first one to fine tune aftermarket high camshaft 2.0T, and we were very happy about the result.
Unfortunately due to his car's condition after running super lean with false injectors and unproper EMS solution, we didn't want to push the car to make more power.

Yet, it was another happy day for everyone. Sure we were getting tired but we had one day off basically traveling to the next location.
Since cp-e location @ MD was cancelled a week ago, we had enough time.

Drove like 9 hours and we were ready for the next day...

August 2 @ Taylor Hyundai

Next day @ Taylor Hyundai, OH.
Wish I had some pictures of the buildings and facilities...
I was told that they are the 2nd largest Hyundai dealer in North America.
Their building and design was top notch and never seen a Hyundai dealer like that in my life!
Anways, I had 6 cars reflashed that day.
Everyone stuck around till the end, and we all had fun.
We had to turn back for 1 car that was running late and got it reflashed..

Once again, thanks for having us!

We drove another 6 hours to West Chicago, IL the same day, and next day we were @ AMS performance.

August 3 @ AMS Performance

We started out with our returning reflash customer's 3.8 V6 custom tune.
More hp and torque... and he was happy after the testdrive.

Next was 2.0T custom tune for aftermarket bigger turbocharger/injector/manifold/etc.
Since the car was using AEM PIC spliced with wires and all, we weren't able to tune the car unless they turn all the harnesses and vaccume lines back to stock..
We sure didn't have time to wait, so we just gave it extra throttle response and RPM/top speed raised.
Sure we can't wait to work on the tune for this car next time.

Another customer showed up and we did the reflash for 3.8 V6
It was rainning havily and we weren't expecting more customer yet have to make it to Toronto the next, we had to leave little early.

This was proably the longest drive... 11hours to Toronto from West Chicago.. I really don't want to think about it :eek:

August 4 @ Nextmod

I don't have any pictures @ Nextmod Toronto, Canada.
We initially had 4-5 reserved spots but we ended up reflashing 11 cars that day.
I really did not have any time to take pictures... sorry.

August 5 @ Chag Motorsports

We were @ Montreal , Canada after 5hours of driving.
Chag Motorsports impressed me a lot with their friendly staffs and their work done to their race cars.

Surprisingly, we had another great participation and did 10 cars that day.

We started with V6 3.8 custom tune.

His review:
http://www.gencoupe.com/3-8-v6/4245...ay-montreal-three-words-real-amazing-mod.html

It was great meeting everyone and we sure had a blessed time in Canada.

Since we had to cross the border and we had to be @ CT location the next day we had to run.

Next day @ Winsorlock , CT

August 6 @ Turbo-kits.com

Turbo-kits.com who's been developing turbokits for variety of cars and recently we are helping their EMS solution for their Kia Forte Turbo kit.
We already sent base data ECU and we were there to fine tune their turbocharged Forte.
FYI, Forte use the same Continental ECU like 2.0T Genesis Coupe.

They were super super anal about the A/F and perfect tune, and I sure understand from the manufacture making sure of everything for their future customers buying their kits.
We were basically stuck there for the whole day and were able to fine tune their Forte making ~260whp @ 6psi
We also had 2 customers come in for the reflash on the side.

We were basically the first one to ever tune the Turbocharged Forte and N/A forte outside of Korea, and we were very happy about the results.

August 7 @ Turbo-kits.com

We stayed another day @ CT, since Sunday was more for customers.
We started out with Canned reflash before/after comparison.
We could have squeezed out more power, but we didn't do anything since customer only wanted to see the comparison before and after canned ECU tune.

We also had some cars came in for the reflash.

That was the last stop of our reflash tour, and now we are finally back in West Chester, PA.
Sure it was very tiring but we are very very happy with overall results.
We sure made some profit (well.. Not much after all the expenses :( ), but again it was all about getting to know in person, spreading words about our tune, and most importantly showing what we can do for customers.

Once again, thanks to all the shops allowing us to use their spaces, participants and supporters who believed in us.
We made it happened and we will be making things happen in the future for everyone!

Hope to see you all again!

·
107 Posts
Man I so wish I could have made it up to AMS to meet you guys, but as work was calling you, it was me as well, was in the process of moving a data center then.

Huge thumbs up to SFR for spending the time with the customer, and awesome pictures!

·
WTF is NOS???
1,146 Posts
Was great meeting you and your crew Jay. Looking forward to the next tour, thinking maybe custom tune.... LOL, I never seem to have enough

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
it was awesome meeting all of you i deff had alot of fun man. the reflash is worth every penny and the lip should be done being painted tomorrow and hopefully going on friday i m super excited :). can t wait to do more business with you jay

·
Finesse Is Everything
1,734 Posts
Thanks Jay! Car drives like a dream.

Some nice looking coupes out there as well.

·
Registered
438 Posts
mmmmmmmmmm custom tune sounds yummy... how much more are you charging for that?

-Rick

·
Drift>Grip
401 Posts
wow 3000 miles in 7 days...you guys must be tiiiiiiired. Awesome pics

i cant wait to get my GC and your tune

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
great job guys

Also had a 2.0T with GSC cams installed came in for the tune.
He was running CMD and cams without any tunes, and his car was making 19rhwp on the dyno and wouldn't want to go more than 3000rpm.
With our diagnostic, car was fixed within 2 hours with a tune.
We were the first one to fine tune aftermarket high camshaft 2.0T, and we were very happy about the result.
Unfortunately due to his car's condition after running super lean with false injectors and unproper EMS solution, we didn't want to push the car to make more power.
^
I lol'd at this.

·
The OG
7,957 Posts
Thanks for coming up to Canada, Jay and the SFR crew. I'll be knocking on your door for a custom tune once I install the CP-E LTHs and CBE. :)

Best looking car in the bunch, jus sayin. :D

·
「まんがをえ&#
2,483 Posts
lol i just realize that's slider until he pointed it out :p. What an ugly car... color, everything else is great looking :D

btw slider, are the rims wider than stock?

Sounded like the whole thing was a great event. Grats Jay. And I still am liking this reflash very much, still love to stare at my rpm meter drops like it's on steroid as the pedal is release.

·
The OG
7,957 Posts
lol i just realize that's slider until he pointed it out :p. What an ugly car... color, everything else is great looking :D

btw slider, are the rims wider than stock?
:D

Yeah, 19x9.5 +22 F and 19x10.5 +22 R.

great job sfr! can't wait for mine!

slider, your car looks awesome! can't stop staring at it!
Thanks man!

Maybe we could comply if you specified which one ;-)
I'd be willing to bet Jay's.

·
Finesse Is Everything
1,734 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Get some rest Jay...now when's it my turn? When will you send email for us waiting for our reflashes :D Patience is a virtue, patience is a virtue...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts