Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By now some of you may have noticed my posts regarding SFR's aggressive tune causes the cam position sensors to go ballistic after a few thousand miles. I just want anyone who has had a similar problem with their Genny to contact me. My 2012 Genny 3.8 Track A/T starts popping between shifts at WOT. I no longer can use the ecu flash SFR sold me along with the separate core ecu. They are not doing anything about it so I am going back to my lame stock ecu. Jay I hope you understand that good business practices dictate that you help your customers when they have a problem you created. Please see dealer documentation of the problem attached. Hope no one else has to suffer the same fate. I was going to do a turbo or stroker kit but at this point I'll just do a V8 engine and tranny swap which should be more reliable that a lame ecu tune that I can't use any more.

Attachments

·
Registered
782 Posts
So did swapping back to the stock ecu solve the issues (as asked in the previous thread)?

I feel like you are attacking SFR for something that may not be tune-related, as they do not tune these cars very aggressive unless they are doing a custom dyno tune session. The canned tunes (mail ordered ecu style) are not nearly that close to the "edge" to do what you are accusing.

What are your other modifications as well? Maybe its something else? Like I said in the other thread, relying on a dealers word for a modded car is like going to a chiropractor to get a tooth pulled.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a JUN BL GT dual exhaust and an Injen SRI that's it. When Jay first flashed the core ecu I bought everything was fine at first. Then my car went into limp mode for no apparent reason. He offered one free reflash for problems so I got back the ecu with a CELL permanently on my dash. Then after about 9 months later I got a bad misfire at WOT. I took my car to Brandon Hyundai where I bought the car and oddly enough they were not bothered about the flashed ecu. They kept the car for a week gave me a free loaner and gave me the car back after replacing the cam sensors. Eureka my misfire was gone for 7 months. That's where we are now with Jay refusing to even return my communications Had he did what you did, I would not be so pissed off but you don't ignore a customer problem and expect your reputation to be intact. I would have used Jay when I get my Brian Crower stroker kit but he has made it unlikely at this point unless he somehow becomes a true business man instead of a tuner. Why the hell are there not more tuners available??? Surely there are more capable ex Hyundai techs that can break the code?? In closing the answer is that the dealer fixed the backfire for 7 months. When I went back to stock ecu the last time the backfire remained before I took it to the dealer. I have the stock ecu now but I don't want to go to WOT because the plugs will be damaged. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated because as far as I'm concerned now my car is a POS till my problem gets fixed.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts