Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Been running a custom SFR tune hard for over a year with zero issues. Just thought I'd chime in here to let people know there are more than a few SFR tuned cars running great and have not exploded, lol.

·
Premium Member
8,244 Posts
Been running a custom SFR tune hard for over a year with zero issues. Just thought I'd chime in here to let people know there are more than a few SFR tuned cars running great and have not exploded, lol.
At the end of the day we've tuned 5000+ Genesis Coupes to the date. We were the very first ones to start offering the flash back in 2010. Simply research on our Gencoupe.com will tell but a lot of late comers don't know that. Yet yes just in Ontario we've tuned over 400+ cars in person (not counting mailing ins or just buying off of our website).

·
Premium Member
16,470 Posts
From what I recall poweraxle were the first ones that gave tuning options. I wouldn't say that it was good though, with all the odd issues that would pop up.
To give you a perceptive in parallel to the subbie/ford world. A poweraxle/beyondredline module tune, is like half an accessport.

were their tunes good/reliable? answer that with a question, where are these modules now, and when was the last time you heard of them?

As far at the original question, Just stating hp/tq numbers isn't telling you much. It's how you like the car to drive that most people should have their car tuned for. (I mean tune in a overall sense, not just the ecu tune)

·
Premium Member
8,244 Posts
^Definitely. They were one of the first ones as well but only limited to 2.0 Module and relied on the tuner based out in Korea.
Yet we started flying out and started doing the tuning event for that reason which worked very well!

·
Registered
70 Posts
What mods do you have and how much boost are you running?
Just the standard bolt on mods for now. Turbo back exhaust, BOV, SRI and one step colder plugs. Boost peaks at like 22-23psi depending on air temp but holds around 20-21. Will be upgrading the turbo this spring and adding meth injection over the winter. Will be getting another custom tune with the new turbo.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just the standard bolt on mods for now. Turbo back exhaust, BOV, SRI and one step colder plugs. Boost peaks at like 22-23psi depending on air temp but holds around 20-21. Will be upgrading the turbo this spring and adding meth injection over the winter. Will be getting another custom tune with the new turbo.
My current setup is exactly the same as yours, such a huge difference from stock. I'll probably go with the upgraded turbine & housing from turbopartscanada in the spring. Just not sure if I'll have to upgrade the injectors as well?

·
Registered
70 Posts
My current setup is exactly the same as yours, such a huge difference from stock. I'll probably go with the upgraded turbine & housing from turbopartscanada in the spring. Just not sure if I'll have to upgrade the injectors as well?
I'm doing the same upgrade. From everything I've read, the stock bk2 injectors will have no issues running that setup.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Haha, I'll be in Winnipeg by then! Pick somewhere in Ontario that's not too far away ;)
Unfortunately there is not enough of a population of humans on the Manitoba/Ontario border, lol. No offense Thunder Bay! Hahaha. Toronto area would be the best bet for a nice turnout though. If anyone in Ontario is reading this and wants a custom tune, chime in or maybe start a thread to see if anyone is interested...

·
Registered
1 Posts
im finally going to take the plunge and stop spending money on sound and appearance like a dirty ricer and going to get a canned tune. i dont want this to be a "SFR BLOWS UP CARS! BTR IS DUM FAK U!" circlejerk, i want a pure objective discussion on which company's product, the sfr stage 1.5 or btr stage 2.0, has the best hp/$ ratio (as configured as i would buy it in this case).

sfr
  • stage 1.5 ($50), core ecu with shipping ($290), o2 off ($25)
  • $640 including shipping
  • claimed dyno: 287hp, 322tq STAGE 1, NO OFFICIAL DYNO POSTED FOR STAGE 1.5
  • 1.5 dyno numbers seem to hover around 270hp, 320tq +/-20 on both
  • does not destroy programming pins, can be fully tuned in the future
  • $2.37/hp, $2/tq

btr
  • stage 2, all options included in original price
  • $950 including shipping
  • claimed dyno: 310hp, 355tq
  • destroys programming pins, can only get basic tuning in the future
  • $3.07/hp, $2.68/tq

so it seems that even though the sfr tends to deliver less peak numbers, the performance per dollar is still cheaper. however, due to the simple fact there is no other tuning solution and very likely wont ever see one for the 2nd generation, paying the extra cost to end up with more power may be more worth it in the long run even though it also costs you the bdm pins. i really cant decide which one is better...
I have a 2013 genesis coupe I have a intake secondary cat remove Muffler delete 3 inch all the way back from the downpipe to the resonator and from the resonator all the way back how much horsepower you think I would be making with the stage 1.5 tune from Sfr I’m very curious

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sfr is trash.
I sent my my sfr ecu in to get popcorn removed. I received a completely different ecu that was defective and the car won't start, when it does it won't idle and then shuts off.
And 0 customer service. They're a joke

21 - 37 of 37 Posts