Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 3.8 Rspec with 30k miles, I've put Eibach lowering springs on with stock tires (nothing was wrong) but then I put new rims and tires on and ever since my steering wheel vibrates and pulls to the right. It vibrates from about 65mph to 80 mph, but going a constant speed it'll slowly stop vibrating and pulling and then it'll come back. I've had the tires re-balanced multiple times and even the alignment done 4-5 times, the only thing that stands out is my camber is off about .5 of a degree. At this point the shop doesn't know what is wrong and neither do I. Can someone point me in a good direction.

Rims: ESR SR08's
19x9.5 +22 Front
19x10.5 +22 Rear
Tires: Toyo Proxes Sports
245/40 Front
285/35 Rear

·
shorttrack
1,641 Posts
I am running neg 1.7 camber front and neg 1.0 rear camber , my tire/rim package are as follows - 19x9.5 w/22 offset front - 19x10.5 w/22 offset rear ---- Potenza re-71r 285/35 (rear) and Potenza 245/40 (front) . Had a slight right hand pull and had said re-alignment done and problem solved ..35 psi air pressure all around . I know, late response .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have you got it figured out yet? I've got the exact same car (2015 though) and when I did wheels and tires a few days ago I noticed the exact same thing. Haven't had time to get an alignment yet and I'm hoping that'll fix it.

·
shorttrack
1,641 Posts
Have you got it figured out yet? I've got the exact same car (2015 though) and when I did wheels and tires a few days ago I noticed the exact same thing. Haven't had time to get an alignment yet and I'm hoping that'll fix it.
My car runs good at high speeds and regular driving .

·
Premium Member
15,170 Posts
If it's the hub, It's like $130 and maybe an hour to replace. Replacing the hub part, is actually like 15min. Just disconnect the speeds sensor and zip out the 4 bolts.
Most of the time will be spent getting the brake rotor/caliper out of the way before you can get to the point of replacing the hub.

Since it's also a steering pulling issue, it could be that the ball joints needs to be replaced. Jack the car up and wiggle each wheel at 9 and 3 o'clock, als 12 can 6 o'clock (you would do this if it's the hub also). Then look at the ball joints to inspect if there is any damage to the rubber, and/or grease coming out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No
I still got the same thing going on still but not nearly as bad, I put my stock fronts back on and it was pretty much gone but still pulling a little bit. The shop replaced the tires with new Handcooks, but since they’ve replaced them it’s still shaking and pulling. I’m going to change out my front brake pads and refresh the calipers, I noticed when I lightly apply the brakes it’ll pull some I’m thinking it’s a the caliper sticking. As for the shaking I’m still trying to figure that out!

·
Registered
12 Posts
No

I still got the same thing going on still but not nearly as bad, I put my stock fronts back on and it was pretty much gone but still pulling a little bit. The shop replaced the tires with new Handcooks, but since they’ve replaced them it’s still shaking and pulling. I’m going to change out my front brake pads and refresh the calipers, I noticed when I lightly apply the brakes it’ll pull some I’m thinking it’s a the caliper sticking. As for the shaking I’m still trying to figure that out!
Not sure if it's too late, but I just realized what my issue was. When I picked up my Konig Dekagrams I forgot that the hub and wheel bore were two totally different sizes. You may need to get some hub centric rings to hold the wheel firmly in place. I got them installed yesterday and the difference is amazing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts