Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I've recently been having this really rough start, and it doesn't happen on cold starts, only after I have driven the car and let it sit from 15min-3 or so hours. I'll turn it on and the RPMs will hit 1k them drop and run super rough around 500 and below. Sounds like a cam lol, but I've been trying to find the problem. I have already seafoamed my throttle body and put in some stp fuel injector cleaner. It just happened again today. Is it time to replace my fuel injectors or fuel filter?
Thanks

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,312 Posts
Might be the canister purge valve fouled and leaking when hot or something similar. It's the valve on the 3/8" sized vacuum line attached to the intake manifold. One way to test is to pinch the line shut when the issue is happening to see if the problem goes away.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might be the canister purge valve fouled and leaking when hot or something similar. It's the valve on the 3/8" sized vacuum line attached to the intake manifold. One way to test is to pinch the line shut when the issue is happening to see if the problem goes away.
Ah I see. I'll definitely check on it in a bit. Has it happened to you before? The vacuum leak causing a rough idle?

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,312 Posts
Ah I see. I'll definitely check on it in a bit. Has it happened to you before? The vacuum leak causing a rough idle?
On my other car the symptom was it would not start after filling with gas. The valve stuck open from deposits and lets in too much raw fuel vapor when filling.

My Gen coupe had a weird idle problem that progressively got worse until it set a code. Rising and not maintaining the proper rpms. That was a dirty throttle plate. Easy to clean on the car with carb cleaner.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On my other car the symptom was it would not start after filling with gas. The valve stuck open from deposits and lets in too much raw fuel vapor when filling.

My Gen coupe had a weird idle problem that progressively got worse until it set a code. Rising and not maintaining the proper rpms. That was a dirty throttle plate. Easy to clean on the car with carb cleaner.
I wonder if I have what the first problem is. Because I filled up my car like 2 weeks ago, and when I started it the same idle problem happened. Then it went away for like a week and a half and happened again after I started it 3 hours after I cold started my car. I already cleaned my whole throttle system and stuff, I seafoamed it like 3 weeks ago, so It definitely can't be that. I was also thinking the maf or iat sensor could be dirty and causing it. Yeeesh, there's just too many possibilities

1 - 5 of 5 Posts