Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update: So i am not going to get this car now..ty everybody for your sound advice.

Ok, so ive been on here for a little bit now trying to learn about everything and anything that is Genesis Coupe. Name is Alex. At first i had plans to just buy a GC off the lot, but then I came across this GC right around x-mas time and ive been waiting for it to get fixed. It's a 2010 2.0t with 1,600 miles on her. she was brand new only driven for about 1-2 months before the accident, still had the dealership license plate in the window. I took a look at the entire car underside and everything, it is in pretty good condition(relatively speaking). most the damage is rear end obviously but beyond that nothing crazy like bent frame. I have experience buying salvaged cars and its not always bad, in fact the way insurance companies salvage a car now days doesn't mean the car isn't fixable it just has to do with car value vs. outcome price and whatnot, ..anyways, not going to get into much detail there. I have set in place all my plans for future mods and what i want her to look like exactly and pretty much prices down to a "T". The way i see it i can get a "Like New GC" and have it fully modded for the price of a new one. Im hoping to pick up the car up around March 1st cuz its waiting to be pained right now, and ive seen the cars this guy im buying from has fixed and they look amazing from seeing the before and after pics(he mainly rebuilds/fixes Evo's). He wanted $13,750 but I would be getting it for $14,000 tax-title-license. Before anyone says anything about resale value, I have absolutely no intentions of selling it once its mine, its going to be the car i buy and keep it forever until it runs into the ground. All and all the deciding factor will come down to when i drive it and have it looked at, plus Quartmaster offered to come and take the final look over with me. This is whats he's got done so far....

·
Banned
2,327 Posts
Didn't Jared sell his >9k mile pristine R-Spec for $18,000? No way I would give that guy $14,000 for that, but it's your money...

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$18,000 is few and far in-between..i was to late for that deal when i text him it was already gone. :(

·
Registered
207 Posts
make sure when its all done you get it on a lift and check it out. also when driving your going to have to pay close attention to if it pulls left/right or not. seems like the damage was fixed properly so as long as the frame was pulled back into spec it may actually handle better then a brand new car lol.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Go for it

·
Registered
285 Posts
i've seen 18k deals for 2010 2.0t around, and if u dont see it, you can definitely work the dealership to make it happen. I would try that route before buying a salvage at that price. if it was closer to $10k i'd say go for it tho.

·
Registered
146 Posts
i say go for it and best of luck! if your trust the shop its getting fixed at their name is on the line with this car also, best of luck, and look forward to watching the build

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
I had a friend pick his up in canada for 16grand and it was nicely modded (IC, exhaustN bov). It had about 35,000 miles on it,

·
oh hayyy
995 Posts
mfw somebody wants to buy a car that was in a wreck, regardless of mileage/work done to fix it.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
like i've said i've had a few salvaged cars and you could never even tell there was a problem with them. i wish somebody could go to the dealership with me cuz the lowest i could get them down to on a 2011(no more 2010) was around 22,000..plus my trade in would be another 3,000. if i get this car i can have it paid off by june.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i wish somebody would run over me and total my Tiburon for me lol...i want outa my car and into a genesis like yesterday! haha

·
oh hayyy
995 Posts
like i've said i've had a few salvaged cars and you could never even tell there was a problem with them. i wish somebody could go to the dealership with me cuz the lowest i could get them down to on a 2011(no more 2010) was around 22,000..plus my trade in would be another 3,000. if i get this car i can have it paid off by june.

Um...then you're at $19k. Which is a damn good deal for a brand new, unwrecked car.

You've had a few that have been ok, but you can never guarantee that every one you choose will be 100% problem free. No matter how many people you get to look at it.

Honestly, thats too much of a gamble for me for that price. If this was a $1k Civic hatch or something, then I'd be all over it.

But that's just me.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I'm no expert, but it looks like the work done wasn't extensive.
listen for creaks and drive over uneven surfaces, good luck! :)

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
Yeah, 14k for a used, WRECKED 2.0T is lame.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
true you cant say every wrecked car is going to turn out good. This isnt a 100% thing yet i still have to examine the car and drive it a few times and take it to a shop and have it get looked at. but if i sold my car i could get 3,500 for it and ill be down to 10,500 as compared to 19,000. ill make sure to listen for creeks and hopefully Quartermaster has a good ear and can spot anything out of the norm. they guy does good work, he could have just pulled the rear end out and bondo away but he did it the right way and bought an entire new end instead.

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
Ever consider working a dealer out of state? You could work a great deal through Alex (NXXT) in DFW, TX and then drive her home and make a fun trip out of it. I drove 5 hours or so from Houston to Baton Rouge to get mine.

·
Registered
143 Posts
It's salvage?

How do you plan to finance it?

For me it's a "Stay away", unless the price was 10K or under.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts