Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i just buy the pa module of br its andd more revolution to the car and do you know whats to perfect revolution to shift to accelerate the most? like 7200 or more?
thanks

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
On the sotck turbo, even with new injectors, I don't think its worth it to shift over 7k. Its just nice to not worry about hitting the rev limiter when you shift at 6500ish. If you get the rebuilt turbo from BR or any other larger turbos that acutally hold full boost till 7200 then you should shift that high.

·
Honda Hunter
123 Posts
i actually asked about this from the few guys running mid 13's on the stock turbo. fatflyguy suggested to me to be shifting around 5800-6000 rpm's. surfmavrik suggested to go off a boost gauge and shift when your boost drops around 15-14 psi. considering these guys are running the best times on the 1/4 mile on the stock turbo i trust their advise to say the least

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Get dynoed, look at your graph and when peak hp start to drop, shift 100-200rpms before that
/thread

·
Old Man Racer
1,216 Posts
Right before engine go BOOM

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
i actually asked about this from the few guys running mid 13's on the stock turbo. fatflyguy suggested to me to be shifting around 5800-6000 rpm's. surfmavrik suggested to go off a boost gauge and shift when your boost drops around 15-14 psi. considering these guys are running the best times on the 1/4 mile on the stock turbo i trust their advise to say the least
+1.....good advice for OEM turbo & what fatflyguy recommended in bold is where I shift out at while on the track, because after that your just losing power.

Get dynoed, look at your graph and when peak hp start to drop, shift 100-200rpms before that
/thread
+1.....

·
Registered
212 Posts
I usually shift around 5-5500. After that the car just loses steam.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,770 Posts
If you have a BR tune and especially with bigger injectors you want to go all the way. 3rd and 4th gear are a joy.

·
Suffering from withdrawal
124 Posts
I've "redlined" every car I've owned before this (mostly Hondas) but not with this one. The power is down low, shift before 6000.

It will be interesting when I get my BR Tune (on it's way as we speak, right Tim? :D) - I'll try shifting above 6500 just to see what it’s like but doubt I'll make a habit of it.

·
^not very creative.
2,383 Posts
Well I have the PA tune and to me it feels faster goin up to 7k then shifting.. plus when I had my car dyno'd stock it makes power all the way up to 6.5k, it never loses any power like a speed3 does. I never shift earlier than 6.5k when racing...

·
Registered
715 Posts
With the PA tune I shifted off the boost guage. I found that shifting just over 6000 was best. Now that I have the BR stage 2 tune and the injectors 7000 is the fastest for me. Fatflyguy is very close to right. Get the car on a dyno. Look at the graph. Then figure out where you make the most power for about 1000 rpm. Shift at the end of that 1K piece of the chart. If that makes any sence lol.

·
With teeth.
1,138 Posts
With FMIC, CAI, and exhaust, my dynos still show the peak hp at around 6500rpms.

·
Registered
715 Posts
You want to go a little past peak power. I would say if you peak there you should shift around 6800 ish.

·
With teeth.
1,138 Posts
Yeah, it will get tuned soon. I hit the rev limiter at 6800 and my car doesn't like that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts