Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last week after driving for about 20 minutes I pulled into a gas station to fill up. When pulling out I tried shifting into 2nd and couldn't feel the usual "thunk" when shifting. I went through the gears and only the top gears were working (1st, 3rd, 5th) Drove through 1st and 3rd to a shop and found that the end of my shifter bracket broke in half! (Shifter bracket?, shift rod? Not sure of correct term) The piece will also take 3 weeks to arrive straight from korea as we have had no luck finding the piece anywhere else
https://imgur.com/a/C21EGYQ

·
shorttrack
1,610 Posts
Last week after driving for about 20 minutes I pulled into a gas station to fill up. When pulling out I tried shifting into 2nd and couldn't feel the usual "thunk" when shifting. I went through the gears and only the top gears were working (1st, 3rd, 5th) Drove through 1st and 3rd to a shop and found that the end of my shifter bracket broke in half! (Shifter bracket?, shift rod? Not sure of correct term) The piece will also take 3 weeks to arrive straight from korea as we have had no luck finding the piece anywhere else
If your location is near Houston TX I have 1 you can have,it is a complete shifter assy along with Delren bushings and a torque solution rear shifter bushing for free ,also have the short shifter with custom shim kit for $75.00 ,you would have to pick up .Changed my shifter Assy to a coolerworx billet shifter .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last week after driving for about 20 minutes I pulled into a gas station to fill up. When pulling out I tried shifting into 2nd and couldn't feel the usual "thunk" when shifting. I went through the gears and only the top gears were working (1st, 3rd, 5th) Drove through 1st and 3rd to a shop and found that the end of my shifter
bracket broke in half! (Shifter bracket?, shift rod? Not sure of correct term) The piece will also take 3 weeks to arrive straight from korea as we have had no luck finding the piece anywhere else
If your location is near Houston TX I have 1 you can have,it is a complete shifter assy along with Delren bushings and a torque solution rear shifter bushing,also have the short shifter with custom shim kit for $75.00 for free ,you would have to pick up .Changed my shifter Assy to a coolerworx billet shifter .
I'm in BC, canada 😞. Thank you for the offer though! I appreciate it a lot!!

·
Premium Member
14,904 Posts
The problem with fourgreen is their stupid search tree.

unless you have the part number, it's almost impossible to find the right part.

What I do, is go to hyundaioemparts.com search there to get the part number, and plug that part number into fourgreen's parts search, to get the pricing.

fourgreen usually has the better pricing for new oem parts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks for that. I did just what you did and came up with 2 part numbers.
437302M100 (shifter bracket for 2.0)
437002M200 (shifter bracket for 3.8)

Fourgreen only has the part for the 3.8 genny

I am assuming they would be the same fit???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update: Shop called me today saying that my car is ready! Original quote of 3 weeks turned into 1! Huh! Not complaining tho haha. I actually yolo'd on fourgreen and ordered the shift bracket for the 3.8 before they called. I've already cancelled the order, but will keep fourgreen bookmarked for future use.

Thanks for everyone's help! I don't know if we can thank posts on this forum, but again, I appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
14,904 Posts
Update: Shop called me today saying that my car is ready! Original quote of 3 weeks turned into 1! Huh! Not complaining tho haha. I actually yolo'd on fourgreen and ordered the shift bracket for the 3.8 before they called. I've already cancelled the order, but will keep fourgreen bookmarked for future use.

Thanks for everyone's help! I don't know if we can thank posts on this forum, but again, I appreciate it!
Good to hear

IIRC the 2.0 and 3.8 have the same transmissions (for manuals) but just different gearing, but I wouldn't want to chance ordering the correct parts on a "guess"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Good to hear

IIRC the 2.0 and 3.8 have the same transmissions (for manuals) but just different gearing, but I wouldn't want to chance ordering the correct parts on a "guess"
"Just do it" - Nike. 😂 I was willing to take the chance especially with the quoted 3 weeks. At least problem is solved now. See you around!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts