Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm installing my short shifter from TWM and to tell u the truth it is extremely easy to install had it done in an hour and a half now what is time consuming and actually pretty hard r those TiC bushings I'm getting my ass whooped by em! Should all be done by 12 today I can't wait to drive it

·
Registered
360 Posts
that good to hear i got the ralco short shift but car is sitting for winter and waiting to drive it over to my buddys house with a hoist so it easier!

·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got everything done by 1230 not bad with a couple of smoke brakes it's cold in socal right now! Feel Alot better gotta get used to this new shifting the only thing I don't like about it is that 5th and 6th gear have a Lil play side to side but the first four r really tight Which r the important ones while racing

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Did you get the bushing from TWM also?

·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I didn't know TWM had bushings! :/ I got the ones from TiC

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
no i was confused i didnt think the gensis need them since it was a rod type shifter linkage.....i have a lack of knowledge in this area since i havent seen the genesis setup. how much where th tic bushings?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I may get the TWM Short Shifter soon. Nice to hear it was an easy install. I may pass on the shifter bushings. I think TWM said it wasn't really necessary. But I guess it couldn't hurt.

·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
30 dollars American shipped

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
i apologize..shipped from where??

·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol no clue brother I just know I got them

·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
No, It's not a Tiburon.
412 Posts
Bushings are worth the purchase......trust me. Installed shifter first, then bushings. There is a difference in feel. Especially for $30. The bushings were a little difficult because of the clips you have to remove.

·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bushings are worth the purchase......trust me. Installed shifter first, then bushings. There is a difference in feel. Especially for $30. The bushings were a little difficult because of the clips you have to remove.
Yeah I installed them took like 4 hours start to finish including the TWM shift boot

·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah if u put it in the back one mo problem! Lol
On serious note u don't have to move ur whole arm to shift I just use my thumb now and if a soda bottle was there wouldn't be any different

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Thats a good point less throw means less arm movement to get in the way of the cupholders. Thats my only major comfort complaint about this car is the cup holder locations with a MT.

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
Good stuff!

·
GCMafia
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And also if u a crazy driver like me I never have nothing there cuz I'm always driving fast so I shift hard. bottles I have go in my p/s seat but if u driving like a law abiding citizen there shouldn't be a problem with having a cup there

1 - 20 of 20 Posts