Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the exact same car as the one you are looking at in terms of year, trim, and a 3.8 except this is white and has brown seats. Safe to say 53k miles from a car with a clean title for only like 9-10k is a really good deal. I bought mine for 11.5k for 70k miles and it’s safe to say you found yourself a very good deal. Now do you have any ideas what you want to do with the car? How long do you want to own it? Experience with cars? I had mines for about 2 years almost and done a decent amount to it as well as tuned it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
@Vasto6 ; forgot to @ your name for reply but this was also my first car bought as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any feedback is welcome this
I have the exact same car as the one you are looking at in terms of year, trim, and a 3.8 except this is white and has brown seats. Safe to say 53k miles from a car with a clean title for only like 9-10k is a really good deal. I bought mine for 11.5k for 70k miles and it’s safe to say you found yourself a very good deal. Now do you have any ideas what you want to do with the car? How long do you want to own it? Experience with cars? I had mines for about 2 years almost and done a decent amount to it as well as tuned it.

is pretty much the only available genesis in around my area I can get everything else either has way more miles,lower year model or just too pricey
The main use is for daily drive and showcasing for now since I'm going off to college with it,but every now and then I'll probably take it to mexico and get a custom tune and some mods if my budget allows it

@Baker_3.8

·
Registered
13 Posts
The main use is for daily drive and showcasing for now since I'm going off to college with it,but every now and then I'll probably take it to mexico and get a custom tune and some mods if my budget allows it

@Baker_3.8
Alright so with my experience from having this car as a daily driver I think you would love it. Very easy to maintain, decent gas mileage, and overall just good. I would say it’s a great out of the box car to get. In terms of mods and going to school. Sounds like you can’t spend a crap ton of money right away so definitely take your time with it. In terms of aftermarket for this car. You should be in good hands for daily drive. So yes. Test drive and see how it runs and check brakes and steering and idle. I’d totally recommend the Genesis. Especially at the price your looking at.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Alright so with my experience from having this car as a daily driver I think you would love it. Very easy to maintain, decent gas mileage, and overall just good. I would say it’s a great out of the box car to get. In terms of mods and going to school. Sounds like you can’t spend a crap ton of money right away so definitely take your time with it. In terms of aftermarket for this car. You should be in good hands for daily drive. So yes. Test drive and see how it runs and check brakes and steering and idle. I’d totally recommend the Genesis. Especially at the price your looking at.

I can also recommend a forum topic on mods from Dustin Davis. The man knows everything about the 3.8 and that can be a good thing to look into when it comes to mods and maintenance. I will send the link to that in a moment.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can also recommend a forum topic on mods from Dustin Davis. The man knows everything about the 3.8 and that can be a good thing to look into when it comes to mods and maintenance. I will send the link to that in a moment.

Do you have experience with rwd cars?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
If it truly is what it is advertised to be i would jump on it. Great car, great price, great condition, low miles. I'd hold off on any major mods until your done with school and can afford to have the coupe as a second play vehicle.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The price seems completely average and not amazing. If its not exactly what you want keep looking. bk1s of that nature go for under 10k canadian.

Depends on the type of person you are. If you want a sound ride without any rattles or maintenance. Then this isnt the ride for you. Hyundai service centers are the worst as well. I regret buying my 2014 with 80,000 kms. Thank god i got warranty or i would have paid another 8 grand in repairs by now. Other then that, a fun ride. Just have to deal with annoying things.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The price seems completely average and not amazing. If its not exactly what you want keep looking. bk1s of that nature go for under 10k canadian.

Depends on the type of person you are. If you want a sound ride without any rattles or maintenance. Then this isnt the ride for you. Hyundai service centers are the worst as well. I regret buying my 2014 with 80,000 kms. Thank god i got warranty or i would have paid another 8 grand in repairs by now. Other then that, a fun ride. Just have to deal with annoying things.
Both of these guys are very right on that. Definitely would wait until later for any major mods. Surly low cost bolt ons or maybe some wheels or coilovers could come into play. That’s mostly all up to you. In terms of price I may be wrong on a great deal it is. Considering these cars are getting older year by year but for the condition it may be in which hopefully is perfect I’d say it’s a good deal can’t pass it up from a dealer. I bought my gen at 70k miles in fantastic condition. The warranty has only helped me on two things which is the oil pan and bad o2 sensor. That was all around 80k miles. I have 98k at the moment. I have test pipes, isr race exhaust, manifold riser, cai, engine leash, subframe risers, a lot of exterior mods, and a alphaspeed custom tune ( had the tune for 2 months now). Had zero issues so far and feels better than ever. All I gotta say is take care of the gen and she will take care of you. Simple as that lol. I’ve had some annoying issues and stuff with the car here and there but nothing that will kill you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Im in Central Florida, and there are plenty of Genny's for sale. Orlando is where i went for my '13 Grand Touring 3.8, 67k miles for $10,400. BK1's should DEFINITELY be under $10k. Personally, I would either save and try a BK2 ('13-'16) for reliability or stick with a good bk1 for much less money, and like these guys said, with proper maintenance both platforms are reliable. I love my Genny, and you will too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts