Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up ya'll! I'm pretty new to this forum and could use a little help. I have an automatic 2010 Hyundai Genesis coupe 3.8 with mods: SFR reflash stage 1.5 tune, Injen CAI, and I'm adding ARK downpipes and testpipes sometime next week. So now I'm wondering if I should upgrade from my stock spark plugs? If so what's the best brand to get?
(Also, if ya'll can think of any other obvious performance upgrades please let me know)

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I dont know about the sparkplugs i would like to know too i need and oil change soon and i might go ahead and put sparkplugs in it and ill let you know. I have a question though how much was your ecu reflash and how much of a difference does it make

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know about the sparkplugs i would like to know too i need and oil change soon and i might go ahead and put sparkplugs in it and ill let you know. I have a question though how much was your ecu reflash and how much of a difference does it make
I paid $250 I think, but yes the ECU tune makes a BIG difference bro. Once you get it you won't ever go back. I haven't gotten it custom dyno tuned yet, but she's fast as hell compared to what she was. I got the stage 1.5 tune to 91 octane. Throttle response is way better and the torque and horsepower increased noticeably too. Once I got my ECU back in the mail and hooked her up to the harnesses I could notice the difference right away, but the full improvement is even more noticeable after having a day or two to settle in. Also, you'll feel the increases in power/torque quite a bit more when in "manual/sport mode" rather then automatic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I paid $250 I think, but yes the ECU tune makes a BIG difference bro. Once you get it you won't ever go back. I haven't gotten it custom dyno tuned yet, but she's fast as hell compared to what she was. I got the stage 1.5 tune to 91 octane. Throttle response is way better and the torque and horsepower increased noticeably too. Once I got my ECU back in the mail and hooked her up to the harnesses I could notice the difference right away, but the full improvement is even more noticeable after having a day or two to settle in. Also, you'll feel the increases in power/torque quite a bit more when in "manual/sport mode" rather then automatic.
how long did it take to get back

1 - 4 of 4 Posts