Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so someone broke my side view mirror, drivers side in the parking at the mall ...:mad2:

Now i need to find another one...just mad about this..any suggestion where to get one at a good price...

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info but they are not heated and i have heated mirrors.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i just had an effin cop break mine. i'm so sad/angry. i can't even do anything about it because he's a freaking cop. i just got screwed out of a few hundred dollars...

·
Registered
651 Posts
How did he break one? File a complaint against him, report it to your local newspaper.

·
Registered
38 Posts
it's kind of a long story but i'll try my best to keep it short. last night i was driving home and passed through a major intersection that was under construction. the lights were flashing yellow (go slow, i was going 30mph, speed limit normally 50), there was a police car with lights on, on the other side of the road, and there were flood lights pointing towards the construction but not the rest of the intersection (tons of flashing/bright lights = very distracting). I scanned the intersection (which someone in front of me just drove through 5 seconds prior) and when entering i slowed down when i saw the cop walking across the road towards my lane. He wasn't wearing a reflective vest or anything, all he had was his flashlight. When I passed by he had stuck out his flashlight, i guess trying to stop me, and incidentally whacked my mirror so it cracked, collapsed, slammed against my window and shattered. I immediately pulled over and into the gas station on the corner, got out and looked back, and he was fine, didn't bother coming over, but instead continued to do whatever he was doing there.

So I'm not sure what to do. I didn't go talk to him, because he seemed fine, and if I complained about my mirror, he probably would have been like, you nearly hit me, blah blah blah, here's a ticket for reckless driving or something. I don't think I can file a complaint because I didn't talk to him (my fault i guess), therefore don't have a name or badge number. I guess I just have to suck up and replace the damage myself. Just called the parts shop, gonna be 275, and i'm installing it myself to save the labor cost (90 bucks, yeah right).

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Dude, there's no way I would have left there without going face to face with that guy, or at least getting his name and badge #.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't know what mirrors you have but you can get a set of the LED turn signal mirrors from importshark, painted, shipped, and ready to install for like $300.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes, I did see that, however I have the base model and the LED mirrors would require additional wiring to work properly. While I can do basic stuff myself, I'm not too keen on attempting all of that. Not to mention it takes forever to get the parts. I ordered a spoiler and it took about 3 weeks to get it..while I can wait for that, I don't want to drive around with a broken mirror for that long lol.:p

·
Registered
29 Posts
I feel your pain bro, lemme know what you did, because i have a KW also and I had a situation with the giant traffic cones and my driver side mirror

·
Registered
38 Posts
I feel your pain bro, lemme know what you did, because i have a KW also and I had a situation with the giant traffic cones and my driver side mirror
ugh i had to suck it up and pay out of pocket. called up the dealer i bought my car at, and they ordered the mirror for me. That right there was $198. Then they told me it'd be $74 to paint and $90 to install. I said eff that, paint the damn thing and I'll install it myself. The total came out to about $290 (i bought touch up paint for the chip on my door). Hopefully you can find something cheaper! Damn those stupid traffic cones, they seem to be everywhere now that the weather is getting better.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
If you look on standard auto wreckers under fresh road kill, you'll see 4 genesis there. Each mirror is around $155 though most of the cars are black.

·
Registered
29 Posts
ugh i had to suck it up and pay out of pocket. called up the dealer i bought my car at, and they ordered the mirror for me. That right there was $198. Then they told me it'd be $74 to paint and $90 to install. I said eff that, paint the damn thing and I'll install it myself. The total came out to about $290 (i bought touch up paint for the chip on my door). Hopefully you can find something cheaper! Damn those stupid traffic cones, they seem to be everywhere now that the weather is getting better.
How long did the part take to arrive? The price to me isn't the issue..its just the time

·
Registered
651 Posts
Ebay has some mirrors listed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts