Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking to purchase some winter tires for my 13 Gen. My question is if I upped the sidewall from the stock 225 40 19/245 40 19 to 225 45 19/245 45 19, would it make the TCS go crazy ?

Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you lowered? I'm on bilstein b8 + HR springs stock 19s. I feel like a 45 sidewall would work. And I do have 20mm front 25mm rear spacers. If it rubs, I can just take off the spacers.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Spacers might actually help. Im stock everything. The rubbing would only occur turning in, the taller tire doesn't have much space there. Pushing it out (via spacer) pushes it further away from the inner structure and suspension of the car which would be good. No clue how a lowered car would be affected on compression and rebound though over big bumps or pot holes.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Might give it a shot as I'm looking for winter tires but there isnt much to choose from with the stock specs. I figured upping the sidewall might not be a problem and could probably be beneficial in winter driving. It's also about half a inch taller with 45 profile

·
Registered
237 Posts
I went with all season snow rated tires because I drive on them year round. We only get light snow maybe 4 to 8 inches every few weeks January-March. Nokian and Vredstein make some good ones. Otherwise you have to get full winter tires and they cost the same, nearly 200 per tire with alignment

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah was looking at the Pirelli Sotozero 3's with factory specs. Wanted blizzaks but it looks like they discontinued them in 245 40 19. But they are available in a 225/45r19 245/45r19. Had blizzaks on the last couple of years and they were amazing in winter driving especially deep snow. The winters in Chicago are just so unpredictable. Just want the best winter set money can buy

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi, I'm looking to purchase some winter tires for my 13 Gen. My question is if I upped the sidewall from the stock 225 40 19/245 40 19 to 225 45 19/245 45 19, would it make the TCS go crazy ?

Thanks
The difference in your new setup is a -2.56% from front to rear. Thats under + or - 3 % so you will be fine.
Gaijinn is correct. Staying near 2.5% is probably safe. Also the new tire sizes preserve the front-to-rear size ratio which means your TCS (which compares front-to-rear speed ratios) will function normally. Where you could possibly experience minor problems is the ABS function.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts