Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any regrets on choosing this color?

I think it's a very nice color, but it doesn't look quite as good as say white, black, gran premio gray when modded.

I'm picking up my '13 platinum metallic 2.0T today and am having second thoughts.

·
Modified Passion Car Club
255 Posts
Just accent the car with glossy black. Like I have.
Added rear look too almost forgot this pic.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I love my platinum metallic. Wouldn't go with any other color! I have only had mine for a couple of weeks but I still find it amazing to look at.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
My Silverstone was the only GC within 100+ miles when I bought it, but I don't regret it. I agree with the gloss black. Plastidipped my side view mirrors to see how they'd look black and it's smexy. Removing the plastidip and getting the roof and side view mirrors painted gloss black later this year. Also getting ready to throw on a gloss back rear diffuser. Have some blue accents too in the engine bay and wheel lugs, but mostly black and silver.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally picked her up after waiting at the dealership for 2 hours to sign papers b/c he was helping someone else..

This color looks much better in person, I'm definitely not regretting the color at all!

and hellstar that is one sexy platinum metallic GC! I may go for that exact same look. Seeing how you are in Canada and I'm in NY I hope you don't mind. :D

·
Registered
1,632 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I love my platinum!

But i gotta admit, it is hard to choose a style and ideas.

Can be a good thing and create a more unique theme.

So easy to mod a black, red, or dark gray car.

Pimping out a silver? Really tough!

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
I had no choice and needed a car and like one of the only Genny's in NJ at the time. I was thinking white, but satin white pearl was not even out yet, this was the summer of 2012.

Honestly, I would not get the silver again, but the satin white if I had a choice.

Btw Hyundai changed silver colors, mine is circuit silver, yours is platinum, I think the circuit silver is a little darker and seems like more metallic flake in it, I was looking at the new platinum at the dealer today.

But there is a plus, I used to have a red car and get pulled over a lot. I have not gotten pulled over yet with this car even at night, major benefit.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was in a similar situation. My lease on the sonata was up in a few days, I had procrastinated on looking for a new car and had only a few days to make my decision. They had a white '13 GC 2.0T but wanted $2000 more b/c of some bullshit dealer added GPS system. Yeah. Another local dealer had the gran premio gray but quoted me $3000 over MSRP.

Anyways, I'm really happy with my purchase for now. The platinum metallic looks much better in person. FWIW, platinum metallic looks much better than the other colors right out of stock lol.

·
Modified Passion Car Club
255 Posts
I don't mind and if you need any body kit upgrade ideas ask me, or ask me what I've done so far, for the silver GC I've done weeks worth of research on what's available for the 2013 right at this piont.
Go with uniqperformance for body stuff for simple kits some of their stuff is out of stock until end of april mid may.

Engine stuff the site sponsors are the guys you want to talk to first with teal names. Do your research tho, a lot of youtubing. My advice for your first upgrades are tint/rimstires/air intake upgrades exhaust upgrade of some kind be it CBE or ABE. Repainting my car tho to a metalic hyper silver pearlesant. I kinda went nuts with the mods so far and cosmetics and even got my girlfriend obsessed with the car both of us dumping money into it and even got invited into a car club for shows.

Goodluck.

·
Registered
60 Posts
To be honest i felt the same way when i picked up my silver gen. But after a while it really grew on me and if i could go back and pick another color i would choose silver again.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Silver is one of the best. IMO its clean and no one in the gen community has really outplayed it yet. You see hundreds on hundreds of white black and grey. When you see a modded silver your'e like ****....looks clean LOL
EDIT. Added pics for your pleasure

·
Registered
198 Posts
I got my Circuit Silver almost a year ago and had issues the first weekend I had it. When I went back to the dealership they told me that the transmission needed to be replaced. So I told them to just replace the car, so they did (there is a lot more to this story, but am keeping it short for this discussion). I/we had about two days to track down another car and only came up with a Catalunya Copper and another Circuit Silver in the 3.8 GT. I decided to stick with the silver and couldn't be happier with it.
I blacked out my wheels and XM fin, added an OEM spoiler, lowered the car and tinted the windows. I like subtlety and this look accomplishes what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Any high end mercedes say the SLS to the Porsche's I always see reviews with Sliver, it is a high end color.

Silver with a red interior is killer.

·
:D
423 Posts
platinum metallic here. did not want a bright color like blue/red (drove red sentra spec v for 8 years) and wanted something clean, like black or white. silver is cool but i will dip my car in the near future.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts