Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SFR send me this single outlet exhaust for 3.8 A/T this morning couple hours later the installation is all done, this is My first time installing any type of exhaust system.
I took few photos while doing the install , the quality of exhaust is good, the fitting is spot on , no need to align , used factory hangers , easy bolt on. and about 20LBs lighter.:bowdown:

I noticed this system is very smooth and has nice mean low sound which is pretty much I was looking for without spending close to $1K or adding more weight + lower hanging exhaust system I seen on dual exhaust systems.

The video was taken today , pretty windy.

photos

023 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
020 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
019 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
018 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
017 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
016 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
015 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
014 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
012 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
008 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
004 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5446086839/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5446106115/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5446106771/in/photostream/

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Sounds good man!

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Thanks for the pictures and videos.
When you get a chance please post some WOT video as well as what the whole look car looks like from the rear in different angles please.
This is also going to be our new set up for 2011 on our demo car but in 3.5" for our new turbo set up.. I love single exhaust!

You will be really suprised what it looks inside of the Y pipe.
It's a new technology that we now use to give the best flow and like I said before you will gain more power than dual.
Glad you are happy with it..
Thank you!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"When you get a chance please post some WOT video as well as what the whole look car looks like from the rear. "

whats WOT video?

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts

·
War Eagle!
705 Posts
has there been any dyno testing done yet?

looks and sounds good :bigthumbup:

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Dyno testings were all done by Korean companies and supposed to add 5-10 more peak power than other dual exhausts outthere.
Testing from U.S side will be also done when I go back.

·
War Eagle!
705 Posts
whats the diameter of the piping? 3"?

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
That's a pretty good sounding exhaust, but like others have said...would like to hear a WOT drive by.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am enjoying this system upgrade but run into fitting problem with 3" pipe just before the muffler, its rattling against the frame.

I have made a quick solution as you can see and it solved the noise , what is the best way to fix this issue other than using aluminum foil?

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
I would let the mid pipe or the whole cat back hang bit lower adjusting the hanger or putting in some spacers.
It shouldn't be rattling agaist the under frame tho.
Please let the installer or yourself hang the exhaust just a fingertip lower, it should do it.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
great idea, spacers at the hangers.:)

I have 7ism system coming in also in couple weeks which will be used for when I want different sound while loosing few Hp.

System upgrade exhurst and system upgrade headers should be very nice combo , hope it will push the whp close to 300 with help of grimmspeed intake spacer.:cool:

The car is very fun to drive , well worth the upgrades I have done so far.:bowdown:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts