Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon everyone!

Forgive me if this is posted somewhere, but I am still relatively new here and trying to get my grounds as to where everything is still.

I live in Alberta Canada, and am interested in purchasing some spring/summer rims for my GC. Hoping for 18/19 inch chrome, 5 spoke, and performance/summer tires. I am wondering what site people have been using over the years to order their rims and tires from. The only one that I know of that is Canadian based, is 1010tires.com, but they don't usually have the GREATEST stock or selection. I purchased my winter rims and tires from tirerack.com but paid more in shipping and handling than what I really wanted to.

Mostly looking for what everyone around here does. Any input is greatly appreciated :D.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Just bought my tires from here...Home - Discount Tire Direct A site sponsor/vendor

They also sell rims and will mount/balance the tires for free. They offer free shipping to Canada with all duties/brokerage/taxes paid up front ($40/tire) so you pay nothing at your door when they arrive.

I live in Canada also and this was the best option out there for me. If you plan on buying from them, find out what you want to go with from their site and then give them a call directly it could save you even more money.

·
tadam!
2,572 Posts
Image in motion in BC

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Manonfire, the only problem I have with that site is the tariff fee that is added depending on the tires. Dunno if its just because of the rims/tires I want, or if thats a standard thing.

I'll check out 780tuners and imageinmotion when I get home :D

·
The OG
7,957 Posts
The two I would recommend have been said.

1. Discount Tire Direct
2. Imagine in Motion

I have ordered from both and DTD has better prices.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had great success along with awesome customer service and pricing from Element Wheels. I bought the tires from tirerack but Element does offer tires just at a little higher price

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Manonfire, the only problem I have with that site is the tariff fee that is added depending on the tires. Dunno if its just because of the rims/tires I want, or if thats a standard thing.

I'll check out 780tuners and imageinmotion when I get home :D
I based my opinion on this solely on my tire purchase. I bought 4 Hankook Ventus V12, 2x 245/35/19 and 2x 275/35/19. My total was $903 CDN all paid after the currency conversion was done from US to Canadian funds from DTD.

I had checked ImageInMotion also but they were more expensive. The total they gave me was $1051 USD. I didn't look at 780tunsers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts