Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Stance A Make Her Dance
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Wanted to know if anyone bought the new slave cylinder/throwout bearing when they replaced their clutch? How much was it?

Hyundai wants a staggering amount even with my discount. Heard people were getting them for like $150-200.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Guys,

Wanted to know if anyone bought the new slave cylinder/throwout bearing when they replaced their clutch? How much was it?

Hyundai wants a staggering amount even with my discount. Heard people were getting them for like $150-200.
they probably got aftermarket like Centric or something.

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
RockAuto has the release bearing listed for $88.77 CAD, but nothing listed for the slave cylinder..

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
then we're golden. Use RockAuto, used them for the first time last week for some replacement door handles, they were here in like 2 days. For once something SpikeTV advertised wasn't BS!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
then we're golden. Use RockAuto, used them for the first time last week for some replacement door handles, they were here in like 2 days. For once something SpikeTV advertised wasn't BS!
Mad deals at rock auto

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Stance A Make Her Dance
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not for anything, but I don't trust RockAuto. I work in auto parts and I've never heard of "Auto7". I wouldn't want a non-brand name part if it was me. Spend all this money on a good clutch and then you'll put a no-name brand peice in your car?

Anyone replace it with their clutch though?

·
Take 'em Fei!
9,280 Posts
Four cheap costs on true OEM Hyundai parts, check with FBHyundai and also a site called FourGreen. They have been around forever and buy straight from Mobis in Korea. Used them several times on bigger more expensive listed stuff.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
1stgengen
4,544 Posts
The one from rock auto can't be any worse than the OEM one.

May I ask why you need a new one? Did yours grenade on you?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
The one from rock auto can't be any worse than the OEM one.

May I ask why you need a new one? Did yours grenade on you?
Thats what i was thinking....unless he has his tranny already apart and wants to replace it anyways.......personally ive only ever had to replace one slave cylinder and it was on a honda so its outside the tranny and some idiot decided while the tranny was out to play with the pin.

Also most aftermarket parts are along the same quality as each other and sometimes meet and exceed OEM standards.

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
Not for anything, but I don't trust RockAuto. I work in auto parts and I've never heard of "Auto7". I wouldn't want a non-brand name part if it was me. Spend all this money on a good clutch and then you'll put a no-name brand peice in your car?

FWIW, auto7 is a Korean parts mgfr and claims to supply a lot of OE.

sent from my not-so-smartphone

·
Vendor
2,116 Posts

I've heard of Auto7, and bought several things labeled as Auto7 and every time it showed up in original OEM packaging, because it is OEM.

Auto7, and Beck/Arnley I know for sure are literally OEM. 2 weeks ago I bought Auto7 rear calipers and pads for my 01 Santa Fe, came in a Hyundai/Mobis box.

A-1 CARDONE I think it's a reman company, I got a rear wiper motor for my Santa Fe from them but if I remember right it had a Mobis sticker on it, just came in an A-1 CARDONE box.

Centric might be OEM as well.

Valeo is OEM as far as I know, I know on my Tiburon the clutch and release bearing is made by them.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I've heard of Auto7, and bought several things labeled as Auto7 and every time it showed up in original OEM packaging, because it is OEM.

Auto7, and Beck/Arnley I know for sure are literally OEM. 2 weeks ago I bought Auto7 rear calipers and pads for my 01 Santa Fe, came in a Hyundai/Mobis box.

A-1 CARDONE I think it's a reman company, I got a rear wiper motor for my Santa Fe from them but if I remember right it had a Mobis sticker on it, just came in an A-1 CARDONE box.

Centric might be OEM as well.

Valeo is OEM as far as I know, I know on my Tiburon the clutch and release bearing is made by them.
a lot of people don't understand that car manufacturers cant make every part so they get 3rd party companies to make them. Who also sell to the public.

·
Vendor
2,116 Posts
a lot of people don't understand that car manufacturers cant make every part so they get 3rd party companies to make them. Who also sell to the public.
Yes sir, that they do. Not sure about you guys but my ECU and MAF sensor are both made by Siemens so aftermarket MAF sensors actually don't work properly. And pretty much only OEM O2 sensors work properly as well.

·
Stance A Make Her Dance
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That I completely understand. Not all manufacturers make their own parts, including manufacturers such as ATE, Bosch, GE, Monroe, Wagner etc.

As for why I need one, we're doing my buddies clutch in a couple days. I've seen all over clutch replacement threads people want to replace the slave cylinder with the clutch because its one peice with the throwout bearing.

I'm also using this as reference because I already have my clutch waiting to be installed in the coming weeks when my gen comes out.

As a note, at my buddies shop, we had a friend of ours come in with no clutch pedal on his 2.0T gen. Thought his clutch was gone, but once we dropped the tranny, his slave blew out leaking everywhere. Ruined the clutch. Neither I nor my buddy really feel like ruining our brand new CC Stage 3's because of not spending the extra $ on a new slave.

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
Exactly. You've already got the transmission out, and a new slave is like $100 shipped. Why wouldn't you?

I'm especially gonna do mine since I have over 130k already and I'm not about to put a new clutch in with a slave that has 130k+ on it.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
That I completely understand. Not all manufacturers make their own parts, including manufacturers such as ATE, Bosch, GE, Monroe, Wagner etc.

As for why I need one, we're doing my buddies clutch in a couple days. I've seen all over clutch replacement threads people want to replace the slave cylinder with the clutch because its one peice with the throwout bearing.

I'm also using this as reference because I already have my clutch waiting to be installed in the coming weeks when my gen comes out.

As a note, at my buddies shop, we had a friend of ours come in with no clutch pedal on his 2.0T gen. Thought his clutch was gone, but once we dropped the tranny, his slave blew out leaking everywhere. Ruined the clutch. Neither I nor my buddy really feel like ruining our brand new CC Stage 3's because of not spending the extra $ on a new slave.
U just said it yourself........replace it.......a aftermaket slave is fine i mean are you putting an OEM clutch back in.....probably not

·
Stance A Make Her Dance
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Exactly. You've already got the transmission out, and a new slave is like $100 shipped. Why wouldn't you?

I'm especially gonna do mine since I have over 130k already and I'm not about to put a new clutch in with a slave that has 130k+ on it.
Well ya exactly! By $100 I'm presuming you're going to buy the RockAuto one?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts