Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

New here, just purchased a 2013 coupe 2.0, absolutely love it, although I've noticed a slight rattle coming from somewhere underneath the car under heavy acceleration. It's hard to pin point, it sounds like metal on metal vibration.

It's booked into the dealership in a few days for them to have a look at it, but was wondering if anyone else has problem or has heard of it.

Thanks.
:gc-noob:

·
Registered
292 Posts
I assume the car is stock? I would just avoid boost until you have it checked out

·
Registered
37 Posts
Put your boxing gloves on and go to the dealership. Good luck.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,345 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I assume the car is stock? I would just avoid boost until you have it checked out
avoid boost with the new tune? HAHAHA...have fun....that turbo starts spooling the second you hit the pedal...

·
Registered
467 Posts
Make a vid, we can see if its det.

Beware of a ball bearing in a pop can shaking sound.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the same problem.. I heard it when I'm in reverse.. and only hear it when i'm slowly pulling out... Was still driving the car aggressively today and car drives fine, but I hear the rattle once in a while.

Please let me know what they say this way I know if it's worth mentioning to dealership.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Primary cat hitting against heat shield? Do you feel like its coming from under the center console?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
118 Posts
Heard it from around the center console or up by the hood? If you can get under your car I would check to see if one of flanges came loose...I don't even have a gencoupe but I had this problem after I installed a race header, idk why it would rattle more in reverse but it did for me too

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
New tune? I miss something?
no, the new tune difference from all the other gens. i dont know about you, but even when i feather my pedal my boost still begins to spool.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What the dealership said......

They said it is a rattle coming from wastegate... And was normal, I asked to try one of the other ones on the lot, and it had the same rattle.

I guess it's just something to live with.... Love the car so it's not a big deal.... It is my first turbo, always had an v6, so I may just not have been used to it.

Anyway now on to some mods... :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
They said it is a rattle coming from wastegate... And was normal, I asked to try one of the other ones on the lot, and it had the same rattle.

I guess it's just something to live with.... Love the car so it's not a big deal.... It is my first turbo, always had an v6, so I may just not have been used to it.

Anyway now on to some mods... :)
Cool thanks for making me feel better

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So after "living" with this rattle for a little over a month I have decided I can not longer live with it.

Back to the dealer tomorrow!

I've found myself leaving the car at home, it actually sounds embarrassing to drive.

The dealership have continued to claim it is normal, but to be honest when you pay $30k for a new car a rattle that belongs on a 87 Civic with a loose exhaust is not normal.

Unless this is sorted this will be the last Hyundai this bloke buys.

If anyone has had any luck let everyone know.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I haven't heard anything like this on mine... I would try another dealer... How many miles is on the car?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 107 Posts