Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Mr. Ludovico
15 Posts
Does anyone know if it's the hangers for the exhaust? Haven't had time to go under and look but it sounds like that may be a possible cause.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
OMG! as said in about 20 thousand other threads, this is the cause of the rattle.

taking it in to Hyundai a thousand times wont fix it. they CANNOT/WILL NOT tweak anything to make it work. hyundai is going to work on a fix soon hopefully, so lets just be patient and wait for it. enough with the :wtc: i have the same problem as well but am patient enough to wait for an actual fix.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hey guys, I know there are 50 threads on this and xGuMB1x posted a video above me with the definitive reason for the rattle in my car - but I don't know - it's weird, because every time I start driving my car, as soon as I turn my head either left or right - I can hear the same sound as in that video. When I talked to the dealer - they told me my warranty doesn't cover it and I should go see a doctor.

Bullshit.

:p

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
^^^ u are right, that is BULL$HIT! Although it's not a defect that'll cause any problems, it is still a factory defect! Just wait for the bulleting to go trough from Hyundai so u can throw that stupid comment back in their faces. That's just that dealer being lazy and not wanting to do anything about it, which is wrong. A problem that occurs on its own (factory defect) it is always covered by warranty!

·
Registered
195 Posts
damn.. it really bothers me hearing this rattle. But whatver. Hopefully in the next 3 months they will be able to replace it with a new one..

·
juhyuneei
70 Posts
I have 2013 genesis coupe that I bought back in March.
I had rattling noise too but mine was plastic on plastic.
Which turned out to be the sunglass compartment and the surrounding things rattling.
Which was fixed by them putting in some insulations material in the area underneath the assembly.

Anyways.. they initially thought it was the turbo because the turbo assembly has a blowoff valve arm (looks like a bar connected to a bolt on each side) or something i forgot what they call it but it rattles. not very noticeable from inside but very noticeable metal on metal noise when hood is up. So they ordered a new turbo in for me from korea. But noticed it did does the same when they played around with it so they didnt install it. they just insulated the sunglass holder and light assembly. I think that did the trick.

But If you are having metal on metal noise issue that is the first place I would suggest for them to check out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
OMG! as said in about 20 thousand other threads, this is the cause of the rattle.
2013 Genesis coupe 2.0T Wastegate Rattle - YouTube

taking it in to Hyundai a thousand times wont fix it. they CANNOT/WILL NOT tweak anything to make it work. hyundai is going to work on a fix soon hopefully, so lets just be patient and wait for it. enough with the :wtc: i have the same problem as well but am patient enough to wait for an actual fix.

^THANK YOU! I read the first 2 pages and then skipped to the last to post that video I saw on another thread. Im a noob to the thread still, but I READ a lot of threads before I post my own, and literally 10/10 times ive found what I was looking for and with lots of answers. :gc-Smiley-UseSearch

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I have 2013 genesis coupe that I bought back in March.
I had rattling noise too but mine was plastic on plastic.
Which turned out to be the sunglass compartment and the surrounding things rattling.
Which was fixed by them putting in some insulations material in the area underneath the assembly.

Anyways.. they initially thought it was the turbo because the turbo assembly has a blowoff valve arm (looks like a bar connected to a bolt on each side) or something i forgot what they call it but it rattles. not very noticeable from inside but very noticeable metal on metal noise when hood is up. So they ordered a new turbo in for me from korea. But noticed it did does the same when they played around with it so they didnt install it. they just insulated the sunglass holder and light assembly. I think that did the trick.

But If you are having metal on metal noise issue that is the first place I would suggest for them to check out.
I GIVE UP!

·
Registered
265 Posts
So i got a survey request from Hyundai today, and made sure to mention this problem every chance i could. It also inspired me to call the number provided on hyundai.com.

So when i called, i get the electronic greeting you'd expect. There is a special selection for Genesis Coupe owners though, i thought that was funny.

Anyways i got to talk to a rep and explained the problem. As Gumbi has said, they are well aware of the problem and have been working on a "fix" for about a month. (My guess is a fix means they are trying to just adjust the stock wastegate to eliminate the rattle to avoid replacing all of them.)

The rep also suggested that i take the car to the dealership since some owners have done so and had their turbo replaced which fixed the problem. She could have just been blowin smoke up my butt, but either way who wants to leave their car at a dealership for who knows how long with a chance to get it back with the same problem?

Looks like the best thing to do is wait, and maybe just MAYBE when they do find a fix for the problem they'll also provide some perk for our troubles. Doesn't seem likely from a car manufacturer, but i've been surprised in this aspect in the past.

:fingerscrossed:

·
2013 black 6 speed 2.0t
236 Posts
I too left them a hell of a survey after my service visit when I got there email. I made sure they knew if this was not resolved It would be my last purchase from them. And I would spread the word. Hope this is fixed before the car hits 10k lol.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I too left them a hell of a survey after my service visit when I got there email. I made sure they knew if this was not resolved It would be my last purchase from them. And I would spread the word. Hope this is fixed before the car hits 10k lol.
^^^I hope so too because I do almost 100 miles a day.

·
Registered
192 Posts
^^^I hope so too because I do almost 100 miles a day.
:gc-smiley-sign-i-ag
Me three.. I havent had it 6 months and I'm pushing 9000 Miles...
I may be screwed =(

·
Registered
192 Posts
They warranty everything for 10k
then some stuff drops off until 36k
then most drops off until 100k.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,560 Posts
Hey guys, I know there are 50 threads on this and xGuMB1x posted a video above me with the definitive reason for the rattle in my car - but I don't know - it's weird, because every time I start driving my car, as soon as I turn my head either left or right - I can hear the same sound as in that video. When I talked to the dealer - they told me my warranty doesn't cover it and I should go see a doctor.

Bullshit.

:p
Finally some honest advice from a Hyundai. :D

·
Registered
265 Posts
They warranty everything for 10k
then some stuff drops off until 36k
then most drops off until 100k.
I've only got around 1000 miles on mine so far, and I take the bus downtown to work so i should be safe. For you guys who are getting close though I would take the car to the dealership and have it put on record that this problem came up WELL before you reached 10k. If they dont agree to fix it after you pass 10k, just tell them to replace it now. If also faulty, the replacement part will have a new warranty which should last until there is a real fix.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
:gc-smiley-sign-i-ag
Me three.. I havent had it 6 months and I'm pushing 9000 Miles...
I may be screwed =(
why would you be screwed? this sound wont cause any issues, its just annoying for some. the fact that its a known defect means they HAVE to replace it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
ps the hot side hard pipe hits the frame were it bends under befor turning in to the intercooler,,,get some foam with tape and put on the frame right above it .That will fix the low rpm rattle on take off or when u bog the car a bit...
I get the bog rattle your talking about. I'll check this out, because when I'm in traffic and inching. I engage 1st gear and disengage it and get a rattle after the disengagement. Is this a fix for that?

61 - 80 of 107 Posts