Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
BOOOOOOST!
323 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Solution found for the waste gate. Waiting on materials then we will start trials. Should eliminate 100% of the wastegate rattle.
Once this goes into production we should all go to our dealers and demand they pay for it

·
BOOOOOOST!
323 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Wow this is great news. Hope you guys figure it out.. To me, it seems that just a rubber grommet for the waste gate door against the waste gate would do the trick. (Given the sound is metal on metal) "use rubber for protection!" The actuator can also use a little tighter movement closing and opening the door. I still don't understand why they had to use an electrical actuator instead of a mechanical one. Doesn't make sense to me

·
Registered
244 Posts
Never heard of a rubber that can sustain 1000'f or that won't shrink in heat lol
There's gota be something out there. With all this technology and inovation these days, can't tell me there's not a certain material that could be used for something like this.

·
Registered
844 Posts
there are plenty of petroleum based rubbers that can stand up to 1000 degrees Celsius. However they are usually expensive or only purchased in bulk afaik. Maybe we can find someone who works for DuPont and can pick us up a few samples from the scrap bin.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,560 Posts
I've never seen any rubber, even silicone starts to get brittle at those temps. It would have to be a synthetic like fiberglass or kevlar. We use to use fiberglass tape for the electrical connections on huge electric furnaces. Even that gets brittle over time and will fall apart with any flexing.

How about some spring SS?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Waste gate rattle, perfectly normal, 2013 waste gates need play for the fact that they are electronic. There's no fix for it. I researched for like 10 hours when I heard my 2013 2.0t Rspec rattling I was pissed!!!! But I'm used to it. Ppl on this forum have fixed it with simple things, but once I found out it was normal I didn't care anymore

·
BOOOOOOST!
323 Posts
81 - 100 of 107 Posts