Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
My GC started rattling really bad at idle and in very low RPM's. Its sitting at the dealer now and they're unable to track down the rattle. I'm afraid that its the wastegate and if it is, that is unacceptable. Its horrendous and I will pitch a fit if they tell me its normal. It sounds like a 1990 honda civic that spent its life in detroit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Current rattles and repairs for them.

Heatsheilds - heat shields have a SPacer on them to allow for flexing. Remove the shields place spacer on hard elevated surface and smash flat with a hammer.

Flex pipe/ down pipe- factory flex pipe is a heavy duty loosley wooven pipe to allow for torque flex. It rattles when cold. Replace downpipe or flex pipe with heavy duty stainless flex pipe.

Rearview mirror- the mirror does not have a Conventional screw type fastener, it slides in and locks in place. It rattles between 2-4krpms. Simply push the base of the mirror right or left to put tension on the spring clip.

Drivers side dash- under steering wheel there are multiple wiring that are badly routed from the factory. They lay on the metal plate under the sterring wheel an can vibrate at certain rpms. Zip ties to fasten .

Wastegate rattle- wastegate is electronic on 2013+. The actuator arm is loose fitting from factory and has no fix yet. The flutter sound is normal for that turbo and clacking noise under full acceleration is normal operation of the wastegate opening an closing rapidly. The noise comes from the actuator arm itself. I have a straight 3" single exit 5" can , so driving along any walls or barricades its very noticeable. It sounds like

hope this helps

·
Desert Rat
1,246 Posts
I gave up worrying about rattles on my car. The inside sounds like a coffee can full of gravel when I drive thanks to my Magna Flow Exhaust drone.. As my car warms up the rattles change from location to location. I don't even need a temp gauge anymore because I know my car is warm when the defroster bezel starts buzzing across the top of the dash.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I've got a bad rattle at ~3100 rpm that's been attributed to waste gate rattle, sucks because my entire car buzzes loudly at that rpm, moving or still, in gear or in neutral. Hyundai calls this normal operation. This car is the biggest joke of quality control I've had.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've had some luck with rattles. I did spend alot of time finding them and fixing them. If your wastegate is rattleing like crazy than the arm is probably ready to come off. I only get the slight clacking noise and its not that bad. I would go to Hyundai and flip. Lift some weights first , punch a door and bloody up your knuckles and go in there like a maniac.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I know this post is old. But Holy Hell.... These cars are a mess.... talk about garbage. Never again Hyundai.... never again.....

I am going through the same **** all over my car, rattles under dash, rattles on passenger door, rattle in shifter, EWG rattle. Dealership is useless and i still have 5 years and 100km bumper to bumper.

Second biggest complaint, the manual transmission and DMF. What a POS! Funny how i can drive my corvette and every other standard with ease. When it comes to this car i need to pay attention to every input. Its annoying as @$#%$%$#%.

Even if the car was spectacular. After dealing with warranty, service and sales people at the dealerships, Id rather soon take a bus, buy a horse or walk then deal with them after this vehicle.

Why is this non sense about Hyundai being one of the top manufacturers and best warranty service being spread like wild fire. This needs to be extinguished, they sure had me fooled.

Car is going in for the 8th time since October/November purchase, Im going to continue to hound them till they start getting nightmares about me and my car. If im loosing sleep so should they! lol.

rant over.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts