Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
DIRTY DOVA'
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I traded my Tsukuba Red 2.0t base A/T (yuck i hate the base) for a mirabeau blue 3.8 Track M/T.

Smart move? I believe I did the right thing. Your thoughts? I hope to post pics when the rain stops around here.

·
Spy
1,301 Posts
you went from the lowest end model to the highest and your asking whether it was a smart move? lol unless you were making more than 300 hp on your previous car then yes a smart move :D

·
DIRTY DOVA'
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no i didnt have 300 hp in it. I just was wondering with m/t tranny vs. a/t and color of course which may not matter to some. plus i know that there are alot of 2.0t fans on the forum

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
In my book this just elevated you to Einstein status :D

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
+1.....as long as you crunched the #'s & didn't get screwed on trade in value.

·
DIRTY DOVA'
159 Posts
ha! thanks! I have alot to learn. My mistake was not doing this the first time. I didnt do my research on the GC but now i feel like i can say that i am no longer a noob just a semi-noob :rofl:

+1.....as long as you crunched the #'s & didn't get screwed on trade in value.
funny you mention it. it cost me $29.00 more dollars a month..FTW i think and the 3.8 had 2000 less miles too.

·
Burger King Dildo Hammer
2,189 Posts
Not a bad deal! Congratz on the Upgrade!

·
 ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
1,913 Posts
Now turbo it :p

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hmm per month eh? Depends on how many months you're financing for and your APR. What was the trade in price and your actual price? I was about to do something similar, but the economics just weren't worth it. Good for you if you got a good deal though!

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
Hmm per month eh? Depends on how many months you're financing for and your APR. What was the trade in price and your actual price? I was about to do something similar, but the economics just weren't worth it. Good for you if you got a good deal though!
+1.....;)

·
Newbie Modder
828 Posts
I approve of this decision.

·
DIRTY DOVA'
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yuck 3.8 2.0T for life. Grats on the upgrade, you should of got a rspec or track from the begining. The price difference is so minimal.
You are right i shouldve got a track or rspec from the beginning. Though the rspec doesnt have cruise control which wouldve sucked considering i use it if and when i travel. and i liked the lip or spoiler on my trunk deck. but different strokes for different folks right?:dunno:

·
Yes it's rear wheel drive
335 Posts
Great move. Just did the same thing about 3-weeks ago. I have noticed that alot of people seem to be doing this now. 3.8 FTW

·
Newbie Modder
828 Posts
Great move. Just did the same thing about 3-weeks ago. I have noticed that alot of people seem to be doing this now. 3.8 FTW
I bought a 3.8 cause of the rumored refresh for next year. I figured I didn't want to be too sad once all the new engines came out for the Gen.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Congrats!

Great move. Just did the same thing about 3-weeks ago. I have noticed that a lot of 2.0T 5AT people seem to be doing this now. A5SR1 FTL
Corrected, and now I agree. :)

·
Former GenesisCoupe Owner
856 Posts
Great color, and V6. It is a smart move. :)

·
3.8 400+whp... NBD
987 Posts
Good move... I have the base model... but nobody can tell haha. you get two thumbs up for color and for getting a 3.8

1 - 20 of 29 Posts