Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son started the car early in the morning to go to work and he turns on the defroster and noticed white smoke coming through the dash on the passenger side. He also said there was some white smoke coming form the exhaust although I think this is normal when the car is cold and the heater is turned on. I wanted to get some members opinions on this problem before I go ordering parts. I still haven't checked the oil for color since he has not returned from work. I am hoping it's only the heater core and not a head gasket or worse.

Feedback please, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did it actually smell like smoke or just look like it? If it did smell like smoke what did it smell like, exhaust fumes, fuel, melting plastic, etc?
After more conversations with him he said it was actual smoke that came from the hood area near the heater hoses. It was a one time puff. Since then I have ran the car twice and the heater will not heat. I do smell what smells like anti-freeze but can't find any leaks. The engine oil looks and smells normal (thank God) and there is no smoke coming from exhaust. I also checked under the glove box area where the heater/blower unit resides, and it is dry and smells normal. So other than the heater not heating and that coolant smell under the hood there is no other signs or symptoms.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did it actually smell like smoke or just look like it? If it did smell like smoke what did it smell like, exhaust fumes, fuel, melting plastic, etc?
I forgot to add the coolant level does drop. But that must be from evaporation since I can't find a leak.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Continuous smoke from the heater hose area when car reaches operating temperature. No heat when heater is turned on but no leaks are found. Smells like coolant under the hood but no smell inside the car. No leaks on the floorboard of the passenger side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts