Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How’s it going everyone, I bought a 2012 2.0T 6-Speed about two weeks ago and I’m loving the car. Unfortunately I’m having a issue. I believe it’s the turbo. I just replaced the oil return line because it had a leak. Now I can’t drive it for even five minutes before it starts smoking from the turbo area in the engine bay and from my exhaust. I’ve already tried taking the oil return line back off and making sure it’s all good. Anybody go through this already or have an idea as to what it could be? Please.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
The oem turbo is a bushing turbo. These are very sensitive to variations in the PCV system, and or return oil line flow/pressure. In replacing the oil return line did you use the same diameter/materials. A smaller or tighter line could cause a different flow pressure. This would explain the five minutes then starting smoking. Also did you replace or disturb/add anything in the PCV system,..like a new or different catch can setup.

The differing pressure could cause the rear/exhaust oil seal in the turbo to weep, thus the smoke.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used an OEM line straight from the Hyundai dealership. I didn’t add anything either. The car did come with customizations done to it already like an exhaust system and a cold air. They also threw on the hks BOV.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need info on this as well. I had mods done myself the last thing i added was an exhaust from cpe catted turboback. Before that just intake and sfr tune. Now i have the smoking from the exhaust and turbo area...is definitely oil. Had my mechanic look at it and he says he doesnt know after checking compression and such he told me to invest in a catchcan, because of the oil in the line routed to the intake manifold. Can anyone confirm this, because now that im fairly satisfied with the car...it smoking makes me regret touching anything and want to go to a N/A luxury vehicle like an RC350 fsport. Just not really ready for another monthly car payment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts