Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
dontmindme. justcreepin
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Already installed the CC Stage 2 clutch with Enthuspec shifter bushings, R-Spec LSD with Exceladyne diff mount kit, and made my own bracket for the AEM meth kit. A few little things here and there (bungs, ceramic coating, other junk in the trunk then this baby is going in.
BTW, the ARP flywheel bolts only work with the stock flywheel, found that out the hard way (they're too short)

Reactions: Thumb5

·
dontmindme. justcreepin
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got my parts back from Iconic Coats in the DMV area and David did an amazing job for the price! 10 more days till the turbo and meth kit are put in and about 3 weeks for a custom tune from Jay at SFR.

·
Newb level: Expert
427 Posts
Nice build. Hopefully you get some decent numbers. Keep us updated I'd like to know what the car ends up making.

Reactions: JBoyUTR

·
custom builder
91 Posts
watch your wastegate gaskets with the spa manifold. i had mine for a number of months and continually burned out gaskets of all different materials (aluminum, tin, composite, and silicone). my theory was that the wastegate flange gets too hot being right by the exhaust ports. ive never had an issue other than that and it holds up pretty well itself. you may want to smooth out the runners as much as you can reach tho.

·
custom builder
91 Posts
not trying to put a damper on the build n i wish the best for it. parts look nice n id like to see the numbers it puts down. its very similar to my original build except you have meth which i did not. please post them digits after its tuned :)

·
dontmindme. justcreepin
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
watch your wastegate gaskets with the spa manifold. i had mine for a number of months and continually burned out gaskets of all different materials (aluminum, tin, composite, and silicone). my theory was that the wastegate flange gets too hot being right by the exhaust ports. ive never had an issue other than that and it holds up pretty well itself. you may want to smooth out the runners as much as you can reach tho.
You’re never going to dampen my spirits! Hahaha no worries. I really appreciate the heads up and I can see why that would happen. I wonder if I throw an additional flange then gasket with longer bolts would help. My thoughts are it probably wouldn’t seal correctly without the gasket between the mani/flange. Tempted to try it though...
a little hesitant on smoothing out the runners as it’s all coated. Should’ve been something I thought about before I dropped them off. Who knows, I do get bored on my days off and may just take my dremmel at that sucker. Thanks again!

·
custom builder
91 Posts
You’re never going to dampen my spirits! Hahaha no worries. I really appreciate the heads up and I can see why that would happen. I wonder if I throw an additional flange then gasket with longer bolts would help. My thoughts are it probably wouldn’t seal correctly without the gasket between the mani/flange. Tempted to try it though...
a little hesitant on smoothing out the runners as it’s all coated. Should’ve been something I thought about before I dropped them off. Who knows, I do get bored on my days off and may just take my dremmel at that sucker. Thanks again!
i actually tried the idea of another flange between the mani and turbo with the same results. i tried using combos of 2 composite gaskets with a tin gasket in between and vice versa with no results. my last hope which i had not got to try was using something called the right stuff on the manifold going to a flange as you had stated and trying a different gasket combo above the flange going to the turbskyy.

·
Korean Asswhoopin
1,228 Posts
I've been running that manifold for 4 years and never had that issue. I use a regular steel gasket on a 2 bolt to v band adapter since i'm using the Tial MVS. Only thing I added on all my gaskets is little high temp copper RTV. The RTV is good enough you could use it without any gasket

·
dontmindme. justcreepin
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been running that manifold for 4 years and never had that issue. I use a regular steel gasket on a 2 bolt to v band adapter since i'm using the Tial MVS. Only thing I added on all my gaskets is little high temp copper RTV. The RTV is good enough you could use it without any gasket
Thanks for the advice, think I’ll go the RTV route then trial and error from there

·
99.9% Lurker...
87 Posts
I kept blowing out the wastegate gaskets but since my wastegate has a fire-ring I stopped using one and just got some Nord-Lock washers to keep the bolts tight. No leaks and no issues 9+ months.

·
dontmindme. justcreepin
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally got around to the dyno tune and Jay from SFR made 400.85 to the wheels according to calculations from the mustang to dynojet which is approximately 13%. Boosting 15 psi with the AEM meth kit starting at 10 psi. Not too shabby given that the turbo hits full boost around 3400rpm. There’s a video on SFR’s instagram of one of the dyno runs.

·
99.9% Lurker...
87 Posts
Finally got around to the dyno tune and Jay from SFR made 400.85 to the wheels according to calculations from the mustang to dynojet which is approximately 13%. Boosting 15 psi with the AEM meth kit starting at 10 psi. Not too shabby given that the turbo hits full boost around 3400rpm. There’s a video on SFR’s instagram of one of the dyno runs.
On what turbo, GT3071r? Nothing against you but Jay is misleading you if he is calculating "400whp" with only 15psi on that turbo.

·
custom builder
91 Posts
jay tuned my car with a gt3071r at 18.5psi. it still only made 375whp... 400whp at 15psi with the same turbo seems unlikely n i wasnt even on meth.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts