Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

161 - 172 of 172 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,000 Posts
We did real world testing.

The coolant temp ran just as cold on the highway without those holes as with them.
The coolant temp ran quite a bit hotter with those holes than without them at low speeds / idling.

A/C got colder without the holes than with the holes under all testing conditions.

Testing was done both with my corner mounted intercooler heat exchangers and my front mounted monster heat exchangers.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #164 (Edited)
UPDATE!!
We have now completed the 3.8L Shrouds for 2010 and also 2013 2T and 3.8 Models :)

First Picture was the start of Manufacture

INSTALLED PICS OF OEM RAD!!

·
Obsessed
1,176 Posts
I am all about it, full package with fans and everything! All the awesome!

·
Super Moderator
13,000 Posts
It's very hard to know for certain since there are a lot of different ways to measure it, but it's roughly 800~1000 on low and about 1600 on high.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Snoopy do you have any pics of it installed with the stock rad in the car? does it cool exactly like stock? Im thinking this might be the way to go instead of geting an upgraded radiator......

·
Super Moderator
13,000 Posts
Guessing I got your FB message before your one here.

To other people with the same question, no I don't, I only have pictures of them on aftermarket radiators atm and generally with other extensive engine modifications, though we didn't run into any issues test fitting on any stock cars.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I have a few questions here:

1) When do you guys plan on having the DIY done for the wiring. Mainly I am concerned about the voltage drop resistor and whether if it has to be pointing towards the actual radiator. Is it still utilized with your product?

2) I have some 12" fans laying around from my previous car, can I utilize them with your shroud? They look like this:

·
Super Moderator
13,000 Posts
I'm not sure if I'm going to be doing an actual DIY video on the fans but shoot me a PM or message me on Facebook and I'll give you a wiring diagram on the various options.

The low-speed resistor is deleted, it's not needed unless you're using three-wire fans.

Most 11~12" fans fit, we've even had some people use Permacool 40A fans with relays and they fit just fine. Based on those pictures, those fans would work just fine as well

161 - 172 of 172 Posts