Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a little bit of extra cash and was thinking of trying to
Squeeze a little more power out of my 2011 2.0t my concerns are don't have a great deal of money to spend so I want the most for te money. Also I want it easily returnable to stock form in case there is a need to return to the dealership for warranty work. Also I am only getting 22mpg average with a lot of 70mph interstate driving (cruse set at 70) and some city. I am running 93 octane and have 2100 miles on the car. I'm not looking to rice it out or anything would just like a little more performance. I am just learning when it comes to owning a turbo car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Cai, br tune

/thread

·
Banned
2,327 Posts
Do what flylow said. My only performance mods are a Cp-e intake, and BR/PA tune. I am now satisfied with the cars power, and I'm coming from a bolt-on '03 Cobra with nitrous. I'm focusing more on appearance now - never crossed my mind on any previous cars.

With a tune the car won't feel so depressing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where do I get a tune and what will this do to mpg. As well can I resort to the stock ecu setting and not lose my warranty? I am near lexington Ky. Thanks
What will all this cost?

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Pm tim from beyond redline, he will put you on the right track and give you better info about it thab any of us can. Just go for their stage 1, nice sounding axle back, aem intake and a tune. Tune it back to stock if you go to the dealer and leave the inake and muffler on because these will NOT void your warranty

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome! Nashville guy here. I came from Stage 2 Cobalt SS/SC and a built WRX. Car was like driving a grand am when its stock. I only have 3k miles and have forge factory replacement BOV, short ram intake, and Beyond Redline Power Axle tune. You NEED the BR PA! Id suggest a BOV later due to higher boost. My concern is also warranty issues (yes i know, dont play if you cant pay) but might as well try/be smart about it. The BR PA gives you the option to retune the car back to what its like in stock form. so when you take it to the dealer they wont notice the extra 30HP you added! for 650$ its the first thing you should do!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With a beyond redline stage one kit what kinda mileage is anyone getting and what will my car compete with afterwards. I really wanna beat my buddy who has the aprons coupe with a v6 he is giving me s%#>.

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
Well atuo is the reason your getting such **** gas milage. The gearing is too short, and pretty much everyone on the forums is complaining about it.

Since you have an auto, the only people really doing extensive testing for the Auto is Beyond Redline. They released their staged tunes on the manual and then bought an automatic after that to do some more testing and work out all the kinks. beyondredline.com is their site or you can get in touch with [email protected] He'll set you up with everything you need to walk a pos Altima =)

·
Registered
331 Posts
yes you def need a CAI/ BR PA tune. make sure you talk to BR to make sure you don't do something silly like i did putting a MBC on with at PA tune and hitting 24psi :(. I did have some detination while running 20 psi, but i was also in tucson az in the summer and that was also with the regular PA tune not the BR PA.

as for speed i had a MT with CAI/tune and 3" turbo back and i was neck and neck with my buddies s2k with an exhaust. before i had an altima v6 4 door and he would rape on me. but my altima was also a CVT tranny, of course the MT will faster and can launch.

as for the gas mileage i put a rant in the "2.0 AT bad mileage" or what ever its called thread. long and short is your not driving your car the way the DoE/EPA designed the mpg test. test is conducted on a dyno, so flat ground, no AC or heater in a median temp of like 75 degrees, with not counting acceleration and deceleration an average highway speed of 55 (over all average is like 48mph. every variable you change is gonna be negative mpg, compounded by the fact once you get of of optimal rpm/load/drag range the gearing in your tranny doesn't scale well.

im also from KY, stationed in DC and when my car gets done im driving from arizona to DC, but stopping over in lex for about a week cuz my family lives here, we should meet up

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
I'd say get a tune and upgrade your suspension. You be amazed at how much your car will transform from just those two upgrades.

Lastly, I would not worry about a cool air intake that much quite yet. Then again, it's all up to you and what you're comfortable doing in regard to warranty stuff.

Check out our website: G&M Performance or pm me and I'll be happy to help. :D

·
2.0 MT - Shanghai
1,418 Posts
So I have a little bit of extra cash and was thinking of trying to
Squeeze a little more power out of my 2011 2.0t my concerns are don't have a great deal of money to spend so I want the most for te money. Also I want it easily returnable to stock form in case there is a need to return to the dealership for warranty work. Also I am only getting 22mpg average with a lot of 70mph interstate driving (cruse set at 70) and some city. I am running 93 octane and have 2100 miles on the car. I'm not looking to rice it out or anything would just like a little more performance. I am just learning when it comes to owning a turbo car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
How much extra?

If you want it cheap and efficient without warranty issues, I'd recommend you do like me: drop in K&N in the stock airbox and a nice PowerX module.
If you have any extra cash and want more handling without compromising on ride comfort go for Eibach sway bars, if you're ok to compromise a very little bit go for Pro Plus Kit (Sway bars + pro kit). If you want more performance out of that extra cash get either a primary cat delete (ATP) or a down pipe including cat delete (like megan V2 or TurboXS Stealthback - in 2 parts).

Then just enjoy the amazing change for the buck!

Cheers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts