Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

So... I walk out of class and I see this...

2264 Views 25 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  mavzn
*edit for better pictures

How much do you think it would cost to get it repaired? :( and that white stuff is snow not really really dirty lol.
See less See more
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
most damage is in the grill but if you have to fix the bumper or replace it'll be about $400-$700
damn seriously... well i dont really care about the grill since i already have one on order but still wtfff
Karma is telling you to get an aftermarket grill/bumper.
You must listen to Karma!
I wouldn't get that repainted.....

I would get a new grill. Perfect excuse to get an aftermarket one :) Get a touch up paint pen.... Get some scratch removal compound, and nice wax. Then work out the blemishes and touch it up. After that throw on the grill.
yeah its funny cuz i ordered a Sarona grill a few days ago but i didnt know if that crack was gonna cause any issues :\
I wouldn't get that repainted.....

I would get a new grill. Perfect excuse to get an aftermarket one :) Get a touch up paint pen.... Get some scratch removal compound, and nice wax. Then work out the blemishes and touch it up. After that throw on the grill.
This.
Its right on the edge. I would take out the grille and line up the crack and keep it lined up with some packaging tape TIGHT, and JB weld the sh*t out of the back of it.
Once cured, take off the tape and get whatever adhesive off with some simple green.

Then get an after market grill or buy a stock replacement for cheap in the sales forum towards the middle of the main page.
a m&s type a grill will cover all of that up!
well hopefully your sarona grill will still fit... that sucks though. how bad is the bumper?
Karma is telling you to get an aftermarket grill/bumper.
You must listen to Karma!
+1...
The pictures aren't good but from what I see, a scratched bumper and cracked grill.

Aftermarket grill is dirt cheap, and the bumper doesnt look like theres and structural damage, so a sanding, body filler, repaint should be about $250.
carry a potato gun with you to class, should solve any future problems in a proactive manner
I think real guns are legal in New Jersey too.

(Cheap shot, I know. ;-))
I'd recommend the glock 17.
Unfortunately not because things like Virginia tech wouldn't happen if they were.
lol little extreme with the glock and it wouldnt have helped since i dont know what even happened :( and yeah theres that crack on the bumper but theres no damage anywhere else other than the grill being dented in
Ouch! Definitely not what you want to find, ever... Hopefully it won't hit you that bad to fix it.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.