Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was eagerly awaiting for my BTRcc tune to arrive for over 2 weeks, and I figured I look at my tracking number and see where it was at. I opened up my order receipt and realized that I wasn't given a tracking number. So I requested a tracking number, and a few days later I finally get it. I looked up the tracking number, and sadly realized they just started preparing the order over 2 weeks after I placed it. But I shrugged that off and patiently kept waiting.

A few days later, after just waking up from a nap, I checked the tracking number from my bed and it said it was delivered. I immediately got out of bed and went to look outside for my package, but it wasn't there. I looked all around the house, wasn't there. Wasn't in the mail box (as if it could have fit). Wasn't at my neighbors, I even knocked and asked. I asked my parents if they saw it, and they said they weren't home. So I eventually called the postal office and they said it was received and signed by A Templeton. Obviously, this wasn't me. It wasn't even anyone on my street. So I had to file an investigation and now I don't even know if I'll get the package. I don't even know what to think, that could be $750.00 down the drain. This is mostly just venting, but if anyone has any insights I'm all ears.

·
Registered
310 Posts
No insurance on the delivery?

·
Turbo noob
5,514 Posts
wow.. damn dude. That REALLY sucks! I hope they can track it down for you

·
Registered
483 Posts
So I was eagerly awaiting for my BTRcc tune to arrive for over 2 weeks, and I figured I look at my tracking number and see where it was at. I opened up my order receipt and realized that I wasn't given a tracking number. So I requested a tracking number, and a few days later I finally get it. I looked up the tracking number, and sadly realized they just started preparing the order over 2 weeks after I placed it. But I shrugged that off and patiently kept waiting.

A few days later, after just waking up from a nap, I checked the tracking number from my bed and it said it was delivered. I immediately got out of bed and went to look outside for my package, but it wasn't there. I looked all around the house, wasn't there. Wasn't in the mail box (as if it could have fit). Wasn't at my neighbors, I even knocked and asked. I asked my parents if they saw it, and they said they weren't home. So I eventually called the postal office and they said it was received and signed by A Templeton. Obviously, this wasn't me. It wasn't even anyone on my street. So I had to file an investigation and now I don't even know if I'll get the package. I don't even know what to think, that could be $750.00 down the drain. This is mostly just venting, but if anyone has any insights I'm all ears.
The delivery f-up isn't your problem. File a claim with BTC, the USPS and your credit card co. ESPECIALLY the credit card (even if it's debit) co. If you don't get an answer from BTC within 10 days, then file a chargeback. The processor pulls funds from BTC's account and puts them in escrow and it's up to BTC to prove that it was delivered properly. After that, they get to fight it out with the USPS if they mis-delivered it. I'd almost say your card was compromised so I'd also take it up with their fraud department. If you paid by PayPal, then file a dispute with them, too. Frankly, if it weren't for the ease of use of credit cards, I don't know why any merchant would take them. Merchants are given ZERO protection from card fraud; they take a bad card and they're out the merchandise =and= the cash, not to mention the hassle and man-hours spent documenting and tracking everything. I would seriously climb the exec ladder at BTC and bitch about this all the way to the top. You were =at least= 2 weeks overdue to receive your ECU since they never even bothered to process your order.

Lyle

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have a feeling this will be your first of many rants about that ecu and wasting so much money, if it turns out to be a dud like the one SOME of us received.

:door:

·
Registered
185 Posts
wow.... i juss ordered mine too... hopefully that doesnt happen... :ugh sucks that happen to you...

·
2012 3.8 Track ZF-6-SPD
2,925 Posts
I have a feeling this will be your first of many rants about that ecu and wasting so much money, if it turns out to be a dud like the one SOME of us received.

:door:
Why is it a dud? What mods do you have other than the ECU?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I finally got my new BTR ECU. After all the issues I already mentioned, I still ran into more trouble, but I eventually got a hold of it after a suspenseful 3.5 weeks. I'm not sure if the problem was on BTR's end or USPS' but I'm just happy I got my tune on.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well it was my first time installing any sort of important car part (and I'm not the most mechanically savvy guy out there). So I had a couple issues installing it, but I worked around them. I didn't have the appropriate tool(s) to remove the 3 bolts holding the black frame to the chassis. So I just left the black frame connected and painfully removed the 4 bolts holding the ECU to the black frame with a wrench one turn at a time. After a somewhat frustrating 30 minutes and a few scrapes I had it installed.

Once I was out of my driveway and gave her some gas, I started smiling and giggling like a little child. It tore through first gear and felt really smooth. Although, because it was late and snowing, I couldn't give it my all because I didn't want to wreck and/or get pulled over. But so far so good! I have a dyno scheduled on Thursday so I can make sure everything is running properly, and more importantly, I can see what kind of numbers she's pulling.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Well it was my first time installing any sort of important car part (and I'm not the most mechanically savvy guy out there). So I had a couple issues installing it, but I worked around them. I didn't have the appropriate tool(s) to remove the 3 bolts holding the black frame to the chassis. So I just left the black frame connected and painfully removed the 4 bolts holding the ECU to the black frame with a wrench one turn at a time. After a somewhat frustrating 30 minutes and a few scrapes I had it installed.

Once I was out of my driveway and gave her some gas, I started smiling and giggling like a little child. It tore through first gear and felt really smooth. Although, because it was late and snowing, I couldn't give it my all because I didn't want to wreck and/or get pulled over. But so far so good! I have a dyno scheduled on Thursday so I can make sure everything is running properly, and more importantly, I can see what kind of numbers she's pulling.
So you didn't have a socket wrench and a deep 10mm handy?

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts

Get you some proper tolls man!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hah, I thought I had them! I bought an entire tool set and it didn't have anything to get down deep into the middle one, so I just tried using a 10mm with a handle. Also, no matter what pressure I applied, I couldn't get the 3 bolts on the black frame to budge at all (socket or otherwise). Either I'm a ***** or I need the right tool or those things weren't supposed to move (I think it's the former two).

I even went to the store again and bought something with a better handle after this happened.

·
FS section ravager
2,183 Posts
Those are terrible handles, Every one that has those has broken on me.

You didn't have a socket that could handle it?

You need something with leverage.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Reminds me of years ago and my MB 230 with a burnt valve. Decided to pull the head and do myself. The second step in the Chilton's repair manual said: "Using your 10mm crows foot" ..........WTF is that? I had to buy one..nothing else would do it!:icon_rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts