Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to Korea. Been here for 6 months now. I'm picking up a Gen soon. Just wondering if how many members are actually in Korea.

I'm going to start needing advice soon and I'm wondering if it's worth posting stuff in this part of the forum.

Let me know.

Thanks -H

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys

Hi Dylan,
I live around Mapo-Seoul and wanna upgrade my GenCoupe (2010/2.0T).
Do you know any place closed to my place? thanks.

·
Doing my thing in Korea
41 Posts
Hi Dylan,
I live around Mapo-Seoul and wanna upgrade my GenCoupe (2010/2.0T).
Do you know any place closed to my place? thanks.
I live in Mapo as well. If you still read this forum hit me up.

·
Registered
52 Posts
amazing...there are people in Korea! haha Im in yongsan at the moment..supposedly moving to Pyeongtaek in the near future...may bring my gen from Hawaii if i do. are there any meets or get togethers?

·
Doing my thing in Korea
41 Posts
amazing...there are people in Korea! haha Im in yongsan at the moment..supposedly moving to Pyeongtaek in the near future...may bring my gen from Hawaii if i do. are there any meets or get togethers?
Lol you're real close by to me (5km or so)...what are you doing in Yongsan? Judging from the Pyeontak comment, and the fact that you're from Hawaii, I'm guessing US Army or affiliated with DoD?

There are "meets" organized by region. So we would fall into the "Seoul/Kyeongi" meet. I've joined "BKMania" which is the Korean GenCoupe fan site, but I haven't actually gone to any of the meetings yet. There's a weekly thing on Saturday I think, plus a whole bunch of random spontaneous get-togethers for car washes or food. Think it's generally a younger crowd with some pretty girls mixed, but from my experience cars + girls are a dangerous combination so I tend not to go to those things :)

I'm pretty sure they have "illegal" meets as well, meaning speeding through mountains or on the highways or drifting, but I think you have to go to the general weekly meetings to find out who's into that stuff and get an invite. Since I'm married with a baby and don't want to die or end up paralyzed, I personally save my "speed racer" reckless driving for the track, and I run with a pretty cool crew but it's a bit more of a serious, track-focused scene - driving mostly Ferrari 458s and M3s, and there's a sub group who runs GenCoupes for official races.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Lol you're real close by to me (5km or so)...what are you doing in Yongsan? Judging from the Pyeontak comment, and the fact that you're from Hawaii, I'm guessing US Army or affiliated with DoD?

There are "meets" organized by region. So we would fall into the "Seoul/Kyeongi" meet. I've joined "BKMania" which is the Korean GenCoupe fan site, but I haven't actually gone to any of the meetings yet. There's a weekly thing on Saturday I think, plus a whole bunch of random spontaneous get-togethers for car washes or food. Think it's generally a younger crowd with some pretty girls mixed, but from my experience cars + girls are a dangerous combination so I tend not to go to those things :)

I'm pretty sure they have "illegal" meets as well, meaning speeding through mountains or on the highways or drifting, but I think you have to go to the general weekly meetings to find out who's into that stuff and get an invite. Since I'm married with a baby and don't want to die or end up paralyzed, I personally save my "speed racer" reckless driving for the track, and I run with a pretty cool crew but it's a bit more of a serious, track-focused scene - driving mostly Ferrari 458s and M3s, and there's a sub group who runs GenCoupes for official races.
Oh nice. I have tried bkmania but my korean isn't all that great to navigate around the site. I would ask my gf, but feel that it would be too much of a hassle for her...lol

I am actually both a US Army Reserve Soldier and a DOD Contractor. Haven't decided to bring my car over yet mainly cuz it's on air suspension and I don't trust the people to move it without messing it up. I'm not big on racing anyways. Though I have always wanted to try it out on the track. I may bring the car over sometime this year then.

Are you American? Or just studied English in the States? Curious as your English writing skill are superb. I wouldn't be surprised if you are an English teacher here lol :p

·
Doing my thing in Korea
41 Posts
Oh nice. I have tried bkmania but my korean isn't all that great to navigate around the site. I would ask my gf, but feel that it would be too much of a hassle for her...lol

I am actually both a US Army Reserve Soldier and a DOD Contractor. Haven't decided to bring my car over yet mainly cuz it's on air suspension and I don't trust the people to move it without messing it up. I'm not big on racing anyways. Though I have always wanted to try it out on the track. I may bring the car over sometime this year then.

Are you American? Or just studied English in the States? Curious as your English writing skill are superb. I wouldn't be surprised if you are an English teacher here lol :p

Oh man my friends would crack up if they saw that I was being accused of being an English teacher. I'm Korean-American, born in Korea, educated in the US, actually went to West Point for a bit many years ago (so I know a couple of contractors out here, maybe you guys are mutual friends with me).

What's your daily driver out here if your genesis is sitting around in Hawaii?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Oh man my friends would crack up if they saw that I was being accused of being an English teacher. I'm Korean-American, born in Korea, educated in the US, actually went to West Point for a bit many years ago (so I know a couple of contractors out here, maybe you guys are mutual friends with me).

What's your daily driver out here if your genesis is sitting around in Hawaii?
Haha nice! I was born in Korea as well. I'm half Korean and of course grew up in the US. West Point huh? That was a dream of mine at one point, but never got around to getting the required documents to attend.

I may or may not know anyone mutually, but it is a small peninsula! Drive an ugly dark green 2002 Mustang. Can't miss it as it's only one of two in Yongsan lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Live in Seoul. Used to own a GenCoupe 2.0T R-Spec. No more, though. :(

There's a shitload of Hyundai Genesis Coupes in Korea, kinda figured there would be more people here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just joined this forum recently, and yes I am Korean living in Korea too. I drive gen coupe 2.0. with bit of mods. Just let me know if you need to know anything in Korean.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts