Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And my car is in the shop getting itself fixed by their insurance. I talked to the autobody guys and they said it was gonna be about 750 bucks to replace the front and rear bumpers. Anyone know of any good bumpers in that price range + or - maybe 50 bucks?

·
Hyundai Parts Employee
1,542 Posts
thats really cheap, and probably doesnt include labor.

if someone "rearended the crap out of you" youll be replacing a whole lot more than just the bumper covers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No no it is about 4k to fix the whole car. But the cost of both bumpers is about 750 bucks. They said the insurance would play up to OEM pricing for body kits, so that is what my spending cost is.

·
Hyundai Parts Employee
1,542 Posts
That sounds about right. Just looking through the catalog real quick, its about 650 for both bumpers MSRP

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
:ttiwwp:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow those are pretty nice! I will check them out thanks!

And btw, apparently you have to post more than 10 posts to reply to PMs so I will have to tool around the forum some more to reply back.

·
209hp/280lbs tq :)
3,280 Posts
4 grand on a rear end hit? that dosent sound right......espically coming from me who had a 14k front end hit on my coupe....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ItaliaTib2k3! Can you give me some specific info about the M&S Carart Diffuser Kit

Is it Carbon Fiber or is it like Poly Urethane?

shoot me an email directly at nholmes1985{at}hotmail{dot}com as it appears in my price range depending on shipping to Seattle WA

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
4 grand on a rear end hit? that dosent sound right......espically coming from me who had a 14k front end hit on my coupe....
The Unibody on the rear passenger side is crunched so they are having to chop it out and weld in a new one. They also have to replace both quarter panels... I am pretty depressed about the whole thing to be honest... But hopefully I can get some nicer stuff out of it. And honestly I am not the type to spend much on aesthetics to a car, I'd much rather replace internals, so this could be a bit of a blessing as it'd probably never happen otherwise.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
see everyone worried about the car im wanting to buy for 14k that was "salvaged" cuz of a rear end accident, but i bet you have way more damage than my car if you have to replace quarter panels also. http://www.GenCoupe.com/general-discussion/56915-she-will-mine.html Im in for pics tho. im interested in how much the insurance company is going to pay or f they total it or whatever happens. sorry for you accident.was it just your car that got hit or was it a chane reaction?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I happened to be the start of a chain reaction. It hit me and I hit the car in front of me which hit the car in front of it.

lol I am so stupid. I just reread my estimate and it is 10,700 to fix it. It was 4k for parts lol

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
damn that must have been a wreck! are you ok, you didn't mention anything about yourself.

pictures soon?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I am pretty good. And yeah it was on a interstate, heavy traffic but he hit me at about 25 or 30 miles an hour. Both myself and my four year old son were in the car but I had him checked out by a doctor and they said he's fine. And I haven't noticed any issues other than being sore for a few days afterwards. Didn't miss any work or anything. But yeah it was pretty crazy.

Also this estimate doesn't include the work that may or may not need to be done to the suspension since the rear end was so crinkled. If it doesn't feel right after they fix it I will probably throw a fit and make them do some mechanical stuff to it as well.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
well post some pics. how does it look compared to the car i want to buy, did you look at the thread? im really curious why they dont total it, and give you a new one, what is your insurance?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't have any pictures. It didn't -look- that bad though. The lights were all messed up but otherwise it was just a little bit crunched looking.

Also it isn't my insurance it is the other guys, and I would imagine they didn't total it because an R-spec with only 5k miles on it is still worth a lot more than 11k. But the estimate just came out today so I suppose they could theoretically total it.

I will see if the shop has any picture they can email me and I will post them later if they do.

·
^not very creative.
2,383 Posts
To the title... that's what she said. Had to say it..

Anyways, hopefully you find a nice aftermarket bumper to replace your OEM one. Maybe the ARK bumper (~$700) and the rear over fenders (~140) to go with it? I think that's one of the nicest rear bumpers so far.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah that is a bit out of my price range unfortunately. I just moved and purchased a surround sound system for my house so my expenses have been unusually high for the month. If they'd only rear-ended me 3 weeks ago I would have totally forgone the entertainment center for a bunch of new parts for my car. lol Oh well I guess ya can't win them all.

·
Premium Member
8,703 Posts
ItaliaTib2k3! Can you give me some specific info about the M&S Carart Diffuser Kit

Is it Carbon Fiber or is it like Poly Urethane?

shoot me an email directly at nholmes1985{at}hotmail{dot}com as it appears in my price range depending on shipping to Seattle WA
M&S only manufactures in fiberglass--though it's a very high-end fiberglass at that. I'll shoot you an email about it.

To the title... that's what she said. Had to say it..

Anyways, hopefully you find a nice aftermarket bumper to replace your OEM one. Maybe the ARK bumper (~$700) and the rear over fenders (~140) to go with it? I think that's one of the nicest rear bumpers so far.
Too bad that kit was never released. Neither was pricing btw.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts