Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not cool. I have lost all faith in people... I guess it's too much to ask for a little decency out of people these days right?

So my car was parked in the parking lot where I work (was working a 5 - midnight shift) and the parking lot is shared with the nail salon next door. Since the nail salon closes at 6, there happened to be only 1 car on their side of the lot when I got to work. It was a white mid-sized Toyota SUV. My coworker later told me that it was some middle aged lady driving it. Anyway, I clock in and start my shift at 5. Well around 7 p.m. I go out back to have a smoke, and notice my smashed up car... I don't have 10 posts yet, but will post the pics as soon as I hit 10.

Apparently, after the lady got her nails done, she was more preoccupied with her wet nails and smashed into my driver's side rear quarter panel. She then decided to drive off and not even have the common courtesy to leave a damn note. Now I get stuck with a $1000 deductible that comes out of my pocket to get the Genesis fixed. I almost cried when I went out and saw this since this is my first "NEW" car. It is absolutely heart-breaking not only because I have to pay for something I did not do, but also because I know that even after repairs, the Genesis won't be the same... :wtc:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had to file one of those stupid online police reports too since I didn't get a plate number and whatnot. :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, and I went into the nail salon the very next day to see if the lady made an appointment, paid with a credit card, or left a phone number. NOTHING...

Such is life... right? Of course the lady that hit MY car was a walk-in, paid cash, and the salon owners/workers had never seen her before...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And my car was barely 2 1/2 months old...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

There we go...
Sorry for post-whoring for a little.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
bummer man, that sux.

·
Work in Progress
6,496 Posts
I'd check around and see if any of the stores had camera's facing your car. I'd hurry though because I'm sure they don't keep that footage for very long.

·
Registered
377 Posts
document everything, maybe even get a statement from the salon employees. Then just see if she ever comes back. I've been in your situation before, it sucks. It's like you said, your hands are tied and you obviously don't want to drive around with it being messed up so you have to pay.

·
Formerly BLK2KTIB
407 Posts
I'm sure someone at the salon knows who drives that car. Chances are she's a regular or at least was cuz if she has any sense (debaitable) she won't return.

nvm didn't see your 3rd post.

·
特味! 특미 special flavah!
1,307 Posts
dam that sucks. that's why i always drive my sister's car when i go to work....

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
$1000 dedictible is very high (especially for a new car). I would see how much it will cost to lower it to $500. (to lower mine to $250, it was only $70 a year).

not sure if this will help or not, but based on how you described it, I expected the damage to be a lot worse. I cant really tell from the little picture, but I would see how much it costs to fix. Might be cheaper to simply pay out of pocket, then to go through insurance.

It's no frame damage or anything, so the car will be good as new.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, sorry for the low quality cell phone pic guys. The dent is about 12-13 inches wide and almost 4 inches deep... :(

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
The rear quarter panel is the worst, because it's welded in. (from what ive read).

If you haven't yet get an estimate from a body shop. The bumper dmg doesnt look too bad, might be able to fix that without replacing it as well.

·
Jen Coupe
859 Posts
Yeah I got one there as well for about 600 and another someone backed up into my fender which was another 500. Had to pay out of my pocket. Life sucks especially at the worst times. I'm really sorry. I share your pain, I got mine on my 3rd and 5th month.

·
Mad Scientist
566 Posts
They'll have a list of all the nail appointments from 5-7pm. Get them and start investigating. keep us posted

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The lady was supposedly a walk-in. They said that she just came in about half an hour before their scheduled closing time and wanted her nails done, so no name on the appointment list since the place was empty. At least that's what I was told. She also paid in cash... Story of my life.

·
Formerly BLK2KTIB
407 Posts
Is it just me or does it seem like they might be covering something up? Doesn't sound normall to take a walk in with no name and that soon before closing.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i know how you feel..that's the same spot i got hit in my parking lot. also a hit and run. i didn't have the 4 inch gash but my estimate from the insurance company came to around $500 and got it fixed for $350 cuz of a hook up.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts