Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I moved the oil pressure sender from my remote filter to the OEM filter adapter. My oil pressure jumped up ~25lbs. I have confirmed the wiring and sender are both reading within spec.

So to those out there that are reading oil pressure what's your numbers? And where is you sender located?

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I guess no one else has a gauge? I figure the change in my pressure readings is due to a better ground.

So I see almost 90 lbs when the oil is hot and at redline. 65 lbs while cruising and 50 lbs at idle. Using 0w40 Mobile One.

·
buy me some race gas!
1,860 Posts
So I guess no one else has a gauge? I figure the change in my pressure readings is due to a better ground.

So I see almost 90 lbs when the oil is hot and at redline. 65 lbs while cruising and 50 lbs at idle. Using 0w40 Mobile One.
from other oil pressure gauges ive installed i will have to say that looks wrong. usally 10-15 at idel 30-40 cruising and 80 at redline

·
Registered
979 Posts
ive heard that about 10lbs for every 1000rpm is something to shoot for... but dont quote me on that

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
I know the sender is accurate at 0 psi. The only way for me to check it is to add a mechanical pressure gauge.
Mine goes to 80 psi cold @ idle, then when fully warm, ~25 psi @ idle and ~70 psi under load.

I use Redline 5w-40.

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
When I had it mounted at the remote filter I got 25, 50 and 75 lbs at idle, cruise, and redline.
^^This seems more along what I see.

Are you using an aftermarket (Non-oem) Filter? It's weird that you would see higher numbers in one spot...

·
Frenchy
689 Posts

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
2.0T or 3.8 ?
if it is for a 2.0 where did you buy the sandwich plate?
2.0T(READ MY SIG), you need any universal M1.5x12(IIRC) Fitting and you're good to go, I bought mine from Glowshift. Mishimoto has some, Blox racing has some, etc.

Doesn't matter they all look the same, all made form CNC'ed aluminum. Only need to have a couple 1/8" NPT ports for the sensors.

·
Registered
371 Posts

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anti-Drain Valve YES
Gasket I.D. 2.13"
Gasket O.D. 2.42"
Gasket Thickness .2"
Gasket Usage Base
Product Height 3.08"
Product I.D. 20mmx1.5mm Th'd
Product O.D. 3.02"
Relief Valve Setting PSI 9-15

·
Captain Awesomesauce
2,743 Posts
What's your opinions on the adapter that comes in the Flex-a-lite kit? I thought that's what you two were running.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts