Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i was thinking of ordering the cat back solo performance exhaust. I can get the exhaust for $1100CAD but my local shop wants $300 to install it. i was thinking of doing it my self. is it just bolt on or is there welding or something along those lines involved?

thanks.

·
Philly
149 Posts
It's just bolt on. I installed mine in my driveway in about an hour.

·
Registered
207 Posts
if you are confident with tools and your skills then i say do it yourself or have a couple of buddies help you out and make it a nice fun day of installation. no welding, just straight up bolt on. if you wanna do this i suggest you plan ahead on how to execute it and have the correct tools. nothing is worse than having to deal with that one bolt that wont come off and not having the right tools for it. I have the solo exhaust on my car. Mine is the v6 and I promise you, you will love it. its probably my favorite mod on my car. I didnt do it myself because i hate going under my car. I was lucky enough that a shop that works on our company vehicles were able to install for me for very cheap so i just had the pros do it. good luck mate.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I think 300 is to much for install . Not bad to do on your own . The SOLO exhaust fits and lines up really well . If it is just the cat back ,you are only looking at 2 nuts to undue . OEM cat back pops easily out rubber hanger . On install remove one of the rear most brackets , slide the appropriate side into attached hanger , slide unattached loose hanger on the other . replace the 2 bolts .

·
Registered
181 Posts
I went into modding everything myself without much knowledge or any experience. You'll see that things are far easier than you expect. Just recently removed the turbo manifold and turbo which I thought was really intimidating but it went pretty well. If you have any questions about the install just post here i'll reply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts