Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I was searching for some used Brembo's and this store has some.
They claim it came off a wrecked Track model.
Their offer is $575.00 per Caliper. Does this sound like a good deal.
I have included the pics. Hopefully someone with more knowledge than I can tell me if these are the real deal and worth it.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
That's really expensive. I had a friend do a swap recently and he got his set for around $1200 shipped (to Canada). That includes rotors and calipers.

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
That's really expensive. I had a friend do a swap recently and he got his set for around $1200 shipped (to Canada). That includes rotors and calipers.
^^This. Also they look beat up...

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is exactly what I was thinking.
They looked used\abused and the price seems crazy high.

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
You can buy them new from PowerAxel for that price.

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
There's really nothing wrong with the condition. They are used, thats what happens. The rotors just have a thin layer of rust. Leave your car sit for 4-5 days, and your rotors will look the same. Big deal, step on the brakes and they'll be clean.

However, as others stated, the price is a bit high for used.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
There's really nothing wrong with the condition. They are used, thats what happens. The rotors just have a thin layer of rust. Leave your car sit for 4-5 days, and your rotors will look the same. Big deal, step on the brakes and they'll be clean.

However, as others stated, the price is a bit high for used.
It's not just the rust on the rotors. Look at the calipers. They look all scuffed and chipped. Please don't tell me you think that is normal.

·
The Itailian Stallion
247 Posts
pullshit- try carquest for the rotors the same size and see how much the load calipers are from brembo first.
They are trying to rip you off

·
The OG
7,957 Posts
It's not just the rust on the rotors. Look at the calipers. They look all scuffed and chipped. Please don't tell me you think that is normal.
Yeah, I agree.

I'd pass on this for sure.

·
「まんがをえ&#
2,483 Posts
same... mine is still mint as it can get and no scratches on the calipers at all...

·
Finesse Is Everything
1,734 Posts
Yeah, even with the winter weather my brembos look brand new..... Rotors are also not rusting yet.... Was this GC driving across the sea floor of the pacific?

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, even with the winter weather my brembos look brand new..... Rotors are also not rusting yet.... Was this GC driving across the sea floor of the pacific?
The best part was when they told me the car only had 500 miles on it before it was wrecked......... Don't see how that would be plausible.:rofl:

·
Finesse Is Everything
1,734 Posts
I just noticed that I said "Sea Floor of the Pacific" technically that would be the "Ocean Floor". Oh well....

500 miles...... Wow....

·
Retired Staff
2,303 Posts
Overpriced.
A fair price for those would be around $900 - $1,100.

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
They definitely aren't new. But no damage that would affect functionality. A lot of people complain that their brembo's have chipped paint after only 3k miles. Could be from gravel, debris, etc..

The price is definitely too high for the condition though. Maybe they are stolen? heh.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thought about low-balling them at around $200 per. See if they bite..

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Time out,
Where the hell did he get his??? i have been looking to do this and i am having 0 luck. I work at a dealership and they even said they don't know how to do it. i guess the dealer can't even order the kit, they just get parts of the brembos? Let me know please where he found his. Please and Thanks :D

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Time out,
Where the hell did he get his??? i have been looking to do this and i am having 0 luck. I work at a dealership and they even said they don't know how to do it. i guess the dealer can't even order the kit, they just get parts of the brembos? Let me know please where he found his. Please and Thanks :D
ebay. My friend found a guy and he was willing to do it outside of ebay (to save himself the seller closing fees). Keep in mind, you also need to buy the dust cover for either the front or the rear (i don't remember) as the one that comes with the stock brakes does not fit.

Here's the thread:
http://www.gencoupe.com/canada/51023-recommended-shop-install-brakes-rotors-dust-plates.html

1 - 20 of 47 Posts