Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2011 Genesis coupe 2.0 about 2 weeks ago. I'm a little familiar with turbo cars, I used to have a focus st. Just got back up in Chicago for college from florida yesterday. Drove through blizzard like conditions in Kentucky on the way up. I have an aftermarket intake installed and forge BOV. When I accelerate now there is a loud air noise coming from the engine. BOV isn't as loud anymore and can't hear the usual intake suck in noise when accelerating. Don't feel as much boost either. Someone help me understand what's going on, I don't want to keep driving if it's something serious. Could just be a simple fix like a loose or broken hose for the intake, idk.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just bought a 2011 Genesis coupe 2.0 about 2 weeks ago. I'm a little familiar with turbo cars, I used to have a focus st. Just got back up in Chicago for college from florida yesterday. Drove through blizzard like conditions in Kentucky on the way up. I have an aftermarket intake installed and forge BOV. When I accelerate now there is a loud air noise coming from the engine. BOV isn't as loud anymore and can't hear the usual intake suck in noise when accelerating. Don't feel as much boost either. Someone help me understand what's going on, I don't want to keep driving if it's something serious. Could just be a simple fix like a loose or broken hose for the intake, idk.
I mean, you kinda just anwsered your own question. Just check everything. Loose hoses, or clamps on the intercooler. Possibly check your air filter since you driven through snow and stuff, could be a dirty filter as well. If everything checks out, take it into the dealer stock. Good luck.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Are you getting any boost at all? If not, yeah you probably had a boost line pop off. Just follow it from the turbo all the way around to the throttle body. If it's that, you'll find it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts