Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Woodstock having been such a strong success, it's time to move on to different things.

We'll be starting our own Tau V8 swap from a Genesis Sedan into my 2010 Genesis Coupe. The project is explained here;

The idea is to get the Tau V8 fully operational in the BK chassis and create the parts required to do so in addition to supporting the Genesis Sedan for performance parts. I'll be updating this post with details as we release them.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Very interested! Good luck!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Subbd!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
13,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, MT would be nice but the Bosch ECU doesn't like being without the transmission since it was never programmed around not having one (we'll solve that later) and also this is a prime opportunity to focus on those who often get ignored in our community despite the fact they're the majority, the AT owners.

·
Registered
444 Posts
yeah i understand the market desire part
for me though as a daily driver and weekend track car my only option for more power out of the 3.8 is a cluttered expensive turbo kit that takes the long block to it's limit. If a 5.0 swap was any where close in cost the extra power and OEM reliability would definitely be worth a marginal increase in expense.

·
2013 Gen Coupe Track 6sp
436 Posts
subbed. I would totally put a 5.0 with my manual transmission. I know bell housing and everything but man it would be the way to go. Subbed

·
Registered
302 Posts
this should be nice

·
1 R 1337!
366 Posts
sub'ed!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Subbing, this has me very curious.

·
Super Moderator
13,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Reason I've been quiet is because we're actually taking some time with the sedan to produce some parts for that platform, also, we're waiting on some parts from Korea for the swap and they're a few weeks late.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Reason I've been quiet is because we're actually taking some time with the sedan to produce some parts for that platform, also, we're waiting on some parts from Korea for the swap and they're a few weeks late.
WEEKS!? i get annoyed when stuffs more than a day late

1 - 20 of 76 Posts