Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mackin' Cheez
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. I'm looking at getting a pre-painted spoiler for my 2013 Black Noir, but the selection for 2013-specific spoilers is pretty thin on the Ebays. The one I like best doesn't have any 2013 specific listings, but there ARE plenty of choices in Space Black. So my question is, are they the same color? I know the code is different, but I've seen it happen where 2 different codes between model years are still the same color.

Thanks!!

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
Nay. Space Black is the same as Bathurst Black. It was the color used on 2010-mid 2012. It's got a bunch of purple and green flecks in it.

·
Mackin' Cheez
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Black Noir also has metalflake in it, and I do believe I saw green and purple. I wonder if they're similar enough to not notice.....

·
Registered
104 Posts
damn good question, lol. I was looking at the same lip spoiler on ebay and saw they only have space black

·
Mackin' Cheez
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may just try it anyway. If it's off, it might not be noticeable. If it is, a respray won't be that much.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Paint is a tricky thing, you think close is good but it is not, it might stick out like a sore thumb, a respray from a good shop could be at least 100 bucks.

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Mackin' Cheez
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've seen that one too, and even though it says it's compatible with the 2013 colors, it still only lists Space Black in the color chart. Like I said before, if I have to respray, no biggie. The hard work is already done, just scuff and shoot.

·
Gunstar Hero
817 Posts
Why not contact the seller and see if they can paint it in the correct color?

·
Mackin' Cheez
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I may end up doing that, actually. I was hoping I could figure it out before hand, but there seems to be no definite answer. :)

·
wannabe guru
1,365 Posts
@ImportShark

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Gunstar Hero
817 Posts
IS is also $60 more and has been getting some bad write ups lately :dunno:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a Black Noir Pearl as well and I ordered the same spoiler (BBM) from IS a few months ago...I would highly recommend it.
The paint match was dead on and no orange peel or anything of the sort.
IMHO I would spend the extra $60 and have the peace of mind of getting exactly what you want. If you do have any problems I'm sure [email protected] (you can find him here on the forum) would be more than willing to help you out, as he's been very helpful to me in the past.
Check out my post here:
http://www.gencoupe.com/exterior-2013-up/114093-2013-lip-spoiler-af-black-noir-pearl.html

·
Mackin' Cheez
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a Black Noir Pearl as well and I ordered the same spoiler (BBM) from IS a few months ago...I would highly recommend it.
The paint match was dead on and no orange peel or anything of the sort.
IMHO I would spend the extra $60 and have the peace of mind of getting exactly what you want. If you do have any problems I'm sure [email protected] (you can find him here on the forum) would be more than willing to help you out, as he's been very helpful to me in the past.
Check out my post here:
http://www.gencoupe.com/exterior-2013-up/114093-2013-lip-spoiler-af-black-noir-pearl.html
Good to know, thanks!! I'll probably go this route.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts