Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

281 - 300 of 717 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Need some help guys. I just ordered 20mmF/25mmR. It is lowered on eibach sportlines. Will I have any problems with rubbing or anything like that.
what do i need to do to have no vibration at all. i was reading it was a good alignment. am i right. thanks

·
What the what?
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
He has the 18s... So anyone with 18s (or working knowledge)...

·
a.k.a. DevilDog
6,105 Posts
Need some help guys. I just ordered 20mmF/25mmR. It is lowered on eibach sportlines. Will I have any problems with rubbing or anything like that.
what do i need to do to have no vibration at all. i was reading it was a good alignment. am i right. thanks
You won't have any problems with rubbing. As far as vibrations, make sure you retorque the spacers no more than 500 miles. I'm thinking more like 100 miles but that's my opinion. If you get vibrations right away, double check everything. If everything is fine and you still get vibrations, they have your wheels balanced.

Which spacers did you get?

·
a.k.a. DevilDog
6,105 Posts
Same thing I ordered. After 100 miles, take the tires off and make sure that you tight the lug nuts on the spacers again. Also, you might want to get a toque wrench. I got one at Lowes for $40 over the weekend and you want to set it to 85 lbs ft. Any tighter than that and you could snap the lugs. When you put the tires back on, do the same.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Same thing I ordered. After 100 miles, take the tires off and make sure that you tight the lug nuts on the spacers again. Also, you might want to get a toque wrench. I got one at Lowes for $40 over the weekend and you want to set it to 85 lbs ft. Any tighter than that and you could snap the lugs. When you put the tires back on, do the same.
Oh ok so just retorque when I put it on the first time and then retorque after 100 miles and I shouldn't have any problems?

·
a.k.a. DevilDog
6,105 Posts
Check them 1 more time at 500 miles and you'll be good.

Torque wrench's are good to have. Like when I upgrade my rotors, put springs, hell almost anything in cars has to be done with torque wrench so you don't strip bolts and nuts.

·
Zosyn who?
1,745 Posts
OFFICIALLY running 27mm/30mm

·
Black Pearl Project
658 Posts

·
R-Spec
98 Posts
Got my Motorsport Tech today! Installed, and I have to say, digging the more aggressive look. Don't have lower springs and at this point, I can honestly say I don't think I want to. Such a beefy mean look now. Even makes the oem wheels look better imo.

·
Black Pearl Project
658 Posts
Got my Motorsport Tech today! Installed, and I have to say, digging the more aggressive look. Don't have lower springs and at this point, I can honestly say I don't think I want to. Such a beefy mean look now. Even makes the oem wheels look better imo.
20/25? Let us see some pictures

·
R-Spec
98 Posts
Sure, might be a bit, but glad to, dark outside now though.

The rears do extend past the top of the fender by about .5", fronts are pretty well flush. Really do like the look though.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just installed my 17/20... She sits so pretty now :)

·
a.k.a. DevilDog
6,105 Posts
I got my rotors in today. The spacers shipped out yesterday. They are going to match the rotors nicely :D

(black plating will come off but the dimples and slots will stay black)

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
DevilDog!

Thought you were waiting for the top secret new wheels coming out? :)

281 - 300 of 717 Posts