Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

701 - 717 of 717 Posts

·
Membrah
390 Posts
did you cut back the tab on the rear bumper inside your rear wheel wells? its a common piece that will rub on a lowered car that has spacers on it. Do some thread surfing and youll find it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The ride is a bit stiffer than stock from my Rspec; I would do it again. I didn't want to go for the sportlines since I didn't want to restrict the strut travel more than I have to. The prokit gave it a nice drop.

And no I haven't taken any pics on how it looks now.

I have added a few new things, after my spacers, Ima have a shoot.
Look forward to seeing the drop+spacer combo. With your springs do you rub or bottom out? Did you get use to rougher ride fairly quicksilver?

When I first bought my gen I had to get use to the stiffer suspension but it disappeared after a few days.

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
did you cut back the tab on the rear bumper inside your rear wheel wells? its a common piece that will rub on a lowered car that has spacers on it. Do some thread surfing and youll find it.

I'm not finding it, though I'm tired and searching on my phone. Are you talking about cutting out the wheel well liner?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Look forward to seeing the drop+spacer combo. With your springs do you rub or bottom out? Did you get use to rougher ride fairly quicksilver?

When I first bought my gen I had to get use to the stiffer suspension but it disappeared after a few days.

Yep, you get used to it but then again it's still there. Where I live I don't have any bad roads. When I do go out to LA the drive is more rough but manageable.

I've had it for about a week so far and have yet to be even close to bottoming out. I also have speed bumps where I live and I go straight into them, no scrape but slowly even with my ark exhaust.

Couldn't have expected more from the springs.

·
Membrah
390 Posts
I'm not finding it, though I'm tired and searching on my phone. Are you talking about cutting out the wheel well liner?
It's on either side of the car let's use the drivers side as an exams. As soon as you look inside the rear wheel well towards the rear of the car it will be where the rear quarter and your bumper meet closest to the outside of the car. Sand that tab down as much as possible. If problem is your fender itself then camber is your friend. I'm running -2 all the way around and have normal wear on all my tires.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Yep, you get used to it but then again it's still there. Where I live I don't have any bad roads. When I do go out to LA the drive is more rough but manageable.

I've had it for about a week so far and have yet to be even close to bottoming out. I also have speed bumps where I live and I go straight into them, no scrape but slowly even with my ark exhaust.

Couldn't have expected more from the springs.
Update, the wheel setup sits flush now with minimal poke.

[/url]FullSizeRender by OMAR GARCIA, on Flickr[/IMG]

·
Boss A$$ Bitch
87 Posts
Has anyone had any problems with Garageline spacers? Do you have to keep torquing the spacers every so miles?

I didn't use a torque wrench to install so the lugs loosened and wheels almost flew off. Going to get a torque wrench today but I want to do this right or not at all.

This may be a stupid question but will torquing the front wheels and spacers spin around no matter what? Is there a way to keep them from spinning while trying to torque them down?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
3,084 Posts
No issues at all, I check them every oil change and they've never loosened since first installed, installed at 75lbs with a torque wrench.

Two methods for doing the front spacers, have a friend sit in the car and hold down on the brakes, or use a 2x4 about two feet long to hold the wheel from spinning by standing it upright between the ground and one of the lugs, since the wood is soft it won't damage the threads on the lug.

·
Boss A$$ Bitch
87 Posts
Thanks so much! Did you remove dirt/dust/rust off the wheel hub and behind the wheel before install?

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Torqued at 85 lbs. Never had an issue, even after tracking the car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My gen has a 67.1 hub size and I bought wheels that have a 73.1 bore. They came with hub rings, but my front wheels are rubbing against the brembos. I need two 5 mm spacers but I need spacers that have hub rings attached to them, I'm not sure if these even exist.

How would I go about solving this? I've been researching for hours and I don't know exactly what to buy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone ever use Squirrelly Performance spacers? I don't want to go buying bad spacers because I've never even heard of the brand.

And also how about RMX? Uniq Performance sells them on their site for $120, where the Eibach ones are $200? If there's nothing wrong with the cheaper alternatives I don't see why not, I just don't want to waste my money on cheaply made parts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got a 14 gen, for some reason the back wheels are a little more "out" than the front due to a slightly bigger hub. I have 20mm in the back and 25mm in the front (ichiba V2) I'm not currently lowered but plan to get some PBM coilovers soon (can't stand the wheel gap still)!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello. New to the forum. I hope someone can help. I have a 2013 R Spec, I would like to put on the Eibach springs with Bilsteins. From what I have read so far it looks like the B8 shocks and struts are the better option. However I can't find anyone that has done this mod without spacers. I have two other cars with same set up and have not had to use spacers. Is it possible to just use the eibachs and bilsteins with stock 19 inch wheels without the spacers?
Thanks for any help.
Troy

701 - 717 of 717 Posts