Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
3,084 Posts
I just report the first post by each new username as spam and move on. Unfortunately he's the most active user here now, this forum has gone dead in the last few months.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would guess that is a non human making all those new IDs and post. Is there a field for to enter numbers or letters for confirmation of being human with new signups?

·
Super Moderator
40,512 Posts
In the meantime, I appreciate your reports. I can't always get on them right away because I didn't quit my day job for this gig... but I do eventually get around to killing the 'bot posts. Please keep reporting and I'll keep killing them off until they run out of IP addresses.

·
Super Moderator
40,512 Posts
Determined spammers always find a way around countermeasures.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Determined spammers always find a way around countermeasures.
So there is no field that requires a human to enter data and complete the application? It's obvious it is not a person creating these accounts but a computer.

·
3point8 Performance
2,621 Posts
captcha can be easily avoided.

This is a major problem on the SRT forums as well. someone keeps posting a link to a football game youtube link under a new name and randomly generated title.

·
Administrator
1,324 Posts
We use a program called SolveMedia, and as far as I am told they haven't been able to create a bot that can beat that yet.

A lot of spam "Companies" use actual people to register these sort of accounts. They do just enough to get access before turning the account over to a bot who then does the posting. This tactic, coupled with programs that scramble IP's after each account, pretty make it impossible to stop them entirely, at least for now. We have a lot of measures in place that make it harder for this tactic to work and keeping a diligent watch to catch and delete posts when they come make it not worth it, but it can't be fully stopped.

The good news is they usually migrate to other less wary targets once a site gets wise.

Kevin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts