Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2013 3.8 Auto
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just want to make sure I got the right part. I went to oreilly's auto parts to get a set of 6 spark plugs. They gave me NGK Iridium IX Spark Plug (Part # 93911) and I notice that they are pre gapped at 0.032 Inch. Is this right? I also see NGK Iridium IX Spark Plug Part # 93175 that is set to 0.044 on their website.

My thoughts were to just remove the existing ones and compare but since I am waiting for a spark plug socket to be delivered from amazon, I thought I would check with you guys while I wait.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Gap them to 0.036

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
13 2.0T
25 Posts
Hey just a quick question I'm about to order these same NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs for my 2.0T from genracer. They are out of the regular option and so I just took the "One step colder" option. What does that even mean? Also I'm planning on getting a BTR tune in about 2 months. Should I still gap them at 0.036? Or go 0.032?

·
Premium Member
14,914 Posts
Hey just a quick question I'm about to order these same NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs for my 2.0T from genracer. They are out of the regular option and so I just took the "One step colder" option. What does that even mean? Also I'm planning on getting a BTR tune in about 2 months. Should I still gap them at 0.036? Or go 0.032?
Means there is more ceramic around the electrode.

You can get the same ones at NAPA

·
Registered
486 Posts
Ahhh...I thought BTR was no longer tuning??

·
Love the corners
27 Posts
Check all the spark plug connectors for any damage. Replace if required.

Look in the owner's manual for the spark plug gap then use Hyundai's recommendation.

·
Love the corners
27 Posts
Spark plugs have a heat range. When raising boost change to a spark plug with the next cooler heat range. This minimizes the risk of pre-detonation under high boost pressure. I went to the next cooler spark plug when I bumped up boost on my 2012 2.0t. 🙂

If you have the original plug what is it's part number? We can use that as a reference.

·
2013 3.8 Auto
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Changed the spark plugs today. Car definitely feels better. Took about 3.5 hours because I dropped a bolt down into the bottom plastic cover which took forever to get

1 - 9 of 9 Posts