Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm changing my plugs in gen coupe 2.0t. Does anyone know how many ft/lbs of torque I should tighten them too. I checked all data but it doesn't say. Thanks

·
GT30Rspec
1,364 Posts
I use the German specs... GoodNTight.. :)
depends on the plug(washer/gasket).. tighten till it stops..then maybe a 1/4 turn after that.. they are pretty long.. not gonna fall out.. :)
what plugs you puttin in??

·
derp.
481 Posts
15 - 22 lbs/ft..Theres a thread somewhere here with everything you need to know about plugs

·
derp.
481 Posts
From what ive read you should gap at .031 if you up the boost. Im at stage2 with stock gap and i have blowout. Im changing plugs later this week gaped at .031

·
GT30Rspec
1,364 Posts
I am running upwards of 25psi till redline without a problem...
Try and see what works best for you.. takes 5 minutes to swap the plugs..

·
derp.
481 Posts
I am running upwards of 25psi till redline without a problem...
Try and see what works best for you.. takes 5 minutes to swap the plugs..
What is your gap?. i havent checked mine so i have no idea what mine is but BBB told me to just swap and gap at .031

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just so u guys know if ur looking for ngk plugs go to advanced or autozone...the part number is 6619...they wont come up if they look up the car though...odd....they r like $8.50 each plus it beats waiting for them to come in online

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
I use the German specs... GoodNTight.. :)
depends on the plug(washer/gasket).. tighten till it stops..then maybe a 1/4 turn after that.. they are pretty long.. not gonna fall out.. :)
what plugs you puttin in??

^^ this is exactly what i do.

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
From what ive read you should gap at .031 if you up the boost. Im at stage2 with stock gap and i have blowout. Im changing plugs later this week gaped at .031

My car doesnt run right with anything gapped over .028

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts

·
Severed member
1,597 Posts
I checked my NGKs before I put them in; and low and behold they were gapped at .041. that is too large if you are tuned...

I encourage you to get a tool, and check them BEFORE they go in...

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
I checked my NGKs before I put them in; and low and behold they were gapped at .041. that is too large if you are tuned...

I encourage you to get a tool, and check them BEFORE they go in...
So I had one step colder NGKs gapped at .032 and couldn't go past 5.5k without it popping and blowing out. Lol

Gapped them down to .028 and all is good.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts