Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to modding and all this fun stuff, I'm getting a stage 1 tune by xclusive tuning and the guy recommended me get colder plugs? I ain't got a clue what he's talking about, obviously know it spark plugs but don't have any clue on where to start, anyone have a recommendation on the right plugs I should get.. Any help is appreciated!!

Thank you!!
Matt

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium 6MT - Silverstone
543 Posts
I'm new to modding and all this fun stuff, I'm getting a stage 1 tune by xclusive tuning and the guy recommended me get colder plugs? I ain't got a clue what he's talking about, obviously know it spark plugs but don't have any clue on where to start, anyone have a recommendation on the right plugs I should get.. Any help is appreciated!!

Thank you!!
Matt
He is talking about NGK 2309 spark plugs. They are "step colder" plugs. Gap them to 0.028.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He is talking about NGK 2309 spark plugs. They are "step colder" plugs. Gap them to 0.028.
My part source here says they don't have the actual NGK "2309" but they have a = to one's that are LFR, radium I believe he said, they would be good to?

·
Registered
543 Posts
My part source here says they don't have the actual NGK "2309" but they have a = to one's that are LFR, radium I believe he said, they would be good to?
LFR7AIX
is the actual part number

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
The guy recommending it should have explained why you need these. He also should have given you leads where to buy them, if not have them available. This puts in question in my mind the guy himself and or the tuning company you speak of.

Heat range 8 will protect you, bad gas, low octane, keep you from failures.

Any of these will work:

HKS M40XL OK
NGK-R2556-G8 (the toughest spark plug made). You must order them direct from Japan. Dont try to buy them US/Canada,...theywill ass rape you in price. Order them from NENGUN Japan.

·
Registered
543 Posts
The guy recommending it should have explained why you need these. He also should have given you leads where to buy them, if not have them available. This puts in question in my mind the guy himself and or the tuning company you speak of.

Heat range 8 will protect you, bad gas, low octane, keep you from failures.

Any of these will work:

HKS M40XL OK
NGK-R2556-G8 (the toughest spark plug made). You must order them direct from Japan. Dont try to buy them US/Canada,...theywill ass rape you in price. Order them from NENGUN Japan.
Rob and Brent are great guys. Rob sells the HKS and NGK plugs himself. Sometimes he is just bad at conveying words properly.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
My next thought was if the OP even asked.

Its in the tuners interest both financially and reputationally to do this.

PS both are gapped at .028

And NO even with a stage one and no other mods HR 8 is not too cold, especially if you are like 98 % of operators and use regular pump gas.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts

And NO even with a stage one and no other mods HR 8 is not too cold, especially if you are like 98 % of operators and use regular pump gas.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
If your tuner carries these , call him back up and see what he says.

In my experience, any turbo charged car that starts with an oem hr 6, can run on hr 8 and run quite well. (Especially with any mark of tune).
As a matter of fact when I acquired my NA 3.8, I threw HR 8 NGK's on her as a N/A, because I knew I was going to turbo-charge her. She ran fine for 3 months, no foulng, smooth as silk.

But the tuner will give you the best for what he is going to do for you on the tune.

In my case to be honest now my best scenario would be to run HR 8 winter early spring and HR 9 late spring summer/indian summer. These race NGKs are so tough that I had a set in my super VT that had 80K miles on them and were still good. My current race NGK have 34 K on them. I will replace these with 45 K on them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts