Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've stated this problem in another of my threads but I figured I'd start another thread that puts this issue in the spot light.

I just did an 8AT to 6MT swap and my speedometer doesn't work. My RPMs still read. Has anyone else had this problem after the auto to manual swap?

Also my MPG gauge doesn't read anymore. (Not as concerning to me)

I've been searching all over and find many people have speedometer issues. But none from a genesis coupe after the swap. Any help would be amazing. I've even sent a message to SFR on Facebook, as suggested by someone in my other thread, and they looked at it but didn't say anything. So they're no help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No. I read a few threads that you don't need to. But idk how true that is. Everything works except the speedometer and mpg gauge. I didn't think the ecu would cause the speedometer to not read.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I can only assume the ECU is searching for a signal from the automatic transmission that is no longer present. From what sensor does the ECU recieve a mph signal on the auto, or for that matter, the manual? Did you need to remove the TCU ? Are there any extra plugs that no longer have a place to go?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a plug that goes on the rear passenger side of the automatic transmission that has no place on the manual. I have no idea what that plug is. I've tried researching it but can't find any info on it. The TCU doesn't have to be unplugged. The only difference I've noticed while having it plugged up is the car will read P for park since I still have the neutral safety switch plugged in. Three neutral safety switch was needed in order to start the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts